Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sunday Night

Re: Sunday Night

• Options
    Wally, how far back have you gotten with your geneology? My mom's best friend traced her family back pretty far, she went all over the country and saw where her great great great whatevers lived and whatnot. It sounded really cool!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:6ac9fd76-0b11-47cd-a253-df23ef97ff46">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Me too, for somewhat similar reasons actually. I really want sprite and I'm tempted to drive to McDonalds and get myself a $1 large fountain soda to cheer myself up.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha, I considered doing this too. But I'm trying really really hard not to spend money and I have perfectly yummy juice here. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:b00bf634-f1c2-443a-a614-9ac7b9d23edc">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, how far back have you gotten with your geneology? My mom's best friend traced her family back pretty far, she went all over the country and saw where her great great great whatevers lived and whatnot. It sounded really cool!
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>My mom traced our geneology once. I'm directly related to Meriweather Lewis so from there it was pretty easy. She traced our ancestors back thousands of years because she hit the jackpot and we have royal ancestors which makes is really easy to trace. Yup, if roughly 1 million people died, I could become queen of England. </div>
  • Options
    I realized this morning, it has been 11 years since I competed in gymnastics. I am old, and not in shape like I was at 16. I still got the flexibility though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:b00bf634-f1c2-443a-a614-9ac7b9d23edc">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wally, how far back have you gotten with your geneology? My mom's best friend traced her family back pretty far, she went all over the country and saw where her great great great whatevers lived and whatnot. It sounded really cool!
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I have most every line back three or four generations. Some of them, I have back to early 1600s and one on my mom's side, back to 900. For real. It is so fun! And I'm a huge geek.</div>
  • Options
    Aleigh my photog did the same thing.  Contract said 8 weeks and she took almost 12.  We got married at the end of September and we got our proofs a couple of days before Christmas..

I had leftover eggplant parmesan for dinner.  It was better reheated than it was the first time.I cut the eggplant too thick and it wasn't quite cooked enough the first go round.  And then they showed a McDonald's commercial on TV and now I want french fries.  Argh.
  • Options
    I know I'm late to the party here, and this is a P&R because I'm going to bed, but I just wanted to say that I met my dh on Match.  So, AB, there is hope out there.  There are good guys.  I had to kiss a few frogs first, but then I met my prince.  Yup, cheesy.  :)  A few of our good friends also met their spouses on match.  Give it a chance.  Good luck!
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:dd08f60f-656b-4051-b4a4-3f6007cc06e6">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : My mom traced our geneology once. I'm directly related to Meriweather Lewis so from there it was pretty easy. She traced our ancestors back thousands of years because she hit the jackpot and we have royal ancestors which makes is really easy to trace.<strong> Yup, if roughly 1 million people died, I could become queen of England. </strong>
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]

<div>lol can I call you The Queen?!</div>
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Wally - I really want to do that. That would be fun. 
  • Options
    I was going to make paninis for dinner again, but H ate the bread. I wish I had pulled out a freezer meal this morning and made something in the crockpot. I could do it now but we'd eat dinner at 11 PM.
  • Options
    I'm having leftovers from Chili's for dinner.  

I'm hoping it doesn't take forever for my photographer to get my prints back.  I'll be in Basic Training two months after the wedding (for 8 weeks) and then we'll be moving to San Angelo shortly after.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:dd08f60f-656b-4051-b4a4-3f6007cc06e6">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : My mom traced our geneology once. I'm directly related to Meriweather Lewis so from there it was pretty easy. She traced our ancestors back thousands of years because she hit the jackpot and we have royal ancestors which makes is really easy to trace. Yup, if roughly 1 million people died, I could become queen of England. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]

<div>Very cool. </div><div>
    </div><div>One of my many-greats back grandmother was married to William Wallace before she was married to my many-greats back grandfather. That whole having your H drawn and quartered makes a gal need a new husband, I guess. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:ebbb01aa-53c1-4f66-84a3-9d2d2708ac87">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : lol can I call you The Queen?!
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't think she needs another nickname lol. </div>
  • Options
    I have a cousin who traced the family tree back to like 64 bc.  There's Viking kings up in that piece.  It's pretty wild to see.
  • Options
    Wally and Glo, that's awesome! I wanted to do that some day. 

Glo, my best friend is also somehow related to royalty in England. So perhaps you two are distant cousins or something, haha.
  • Options
    My cousin is working on a family tree for our side of the family.  I'm interested to see how far back he can eventually get it.  Right now we are at great great grandparents.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi!

Busy day today. Walked some dogs, then went top-down motoring around the countryside, did some antiquiing, then went shopping in Frederick, MD and had dinner. I bought some really marvelous things from my favorite store up there - 2 purses, 2 skirts, and a scarf.

Watching the gymnastics now.
  • Options
    My dad's cousin has done a lot of geneology stuff on his side, and my grandma's cousin has been working on that side.  I've done alittle myself starting with their work.  I've got most of my lnes traced to when they came over from Europe, but I was working on it as a broke college student and I didn't know how to get any further without paying for records and stuff.  No famous people yet... Well, my great great grandfather was the Mayor in Lexington, MI when they christened the USS Lexington so he went to the naming ceremony and signed the document chartering the boat (or whatever they do when they name a boat).  
  • Options
    Leisel, that'd be cool! I think there was only one person we were related to that was English royalty. It was mostly French and Scottish but they don't have queens anymore. That's when I learned that royalty was very incestuous since we'd be related to someone multiple ways. 
  • Options
    wally: do you use ancestry.com?
  • Options
    Oh and I just painted my nails this color:

• Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Poke- She may veto all others and go with Queen.. I mean I would. lol
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:ebbb01aa-53c1-4f66-84a3-9d2d2708ac87">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : lol can I call you The Queen?!
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>I think we should call her 'Princess Glo' from now on?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:e65bd4b6-491e-4c54-bc80-918203b7de50">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poke- She may veto all others and go with Queen.. I mean I would. lol
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>Good point. It's a tough choice though, Queen and Dino are both just such great names. </div>
  • Options
    Where did Dino come from anyway?
  • Options
    Queen Dino?
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Muni, that is very cool. Dang, And Vikings are cool 

Yes, Hockey, Ancestry.com.  You have to be careful to only use reliable, documented sources on there but it's great. 

ETA: Because some people get mixed up and just enter these family trees that cannot possibly be accurate. For instance, mothers being born after the birthdates of their children and such. 
  • Options
    I'll be Queen Dino Glo. It has such an elegant flow to it. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:21d3712f-5f03-4c77-ba0a-e7be458c77c8">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where did Dino come from anyway?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>It's in the open letters thread. J said her name looked like Gloriosaurus and then MK said she'd call her Dino from now on. I think that's how it went anyways. </div>
  • Options
    Daff, I love that polish color! 

Loopy, someone earlier said they read my name as Gloriosaurus. I'm pretty sure it was J. MK dubbed me Dino from there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards