Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Sunday Night

Re: Sunday Night

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:d4b64b04-b7f0-4514-bcf8-9e1c607a7216">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Well TBH my grams was rather riskay for back in the day. The name listed on my dads BC was the last name of his older sisters father, who was not his real father. Obviously my grams was a babe back in the day. Or as her sister calls her, loose. bahaha 
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>That term ('loose') always make me chuckle. I don't know why. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:5140576e-d0be-4465-9499-9d9951d3c065">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Nope, I mean them telling us what the athlete is supposedly thinking.  It makes me crazy.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, since it's delayed, maybe they know from talking to the athlete afterwards?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:4e6835f9-ec6b-41f9-a25f-bb1b55f5a6bb">Re:Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Hoes. I had an awesome day of shopping with my mom. She bought me some super cute clothes and <strong>I have my first two pairs of skinny jeans that actually were LONG enough</strong>. Then I got home and realized I was a fuckhead and locked myself out. That was a nightmare. 2 hours later with my neighbors help, we realized my bedroom window was open so he popped the screen for me and voila! I was in. Ugh.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Tell me where you got them!</div>
  • Options
    Heb, that stinks that she never said who his real father was. My grandfather was adopted by his grandmother so legally he's his mother's brother if that makes sense? It didn't make sense to me growing up since he always acknowledged his mother as such. It was more because his mother got divorced while pregnant or something and being a single mom was a big taboo. 
  • Options
    Glo - it would probably be equally amusing watching sober Muni rage at the announcers. 

Muni - I can see how that can get annoying. They could just stfu for a second. I don't think they realise that they don't need to talk every second of the event. 
  • Options
    I went on match.com once and my first matches were my former shrink and the guy I left for my exH!

I never went back
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:2ae2d3b8-4764-42ee-89e4-e5fe57c26075">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Drunk Muni makes everything more fun.  I'm a fabulous drunk.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen the episode of Friends with Fun Bobby?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:ff1d675c-ebe1-4816-af6e-9563eca42410">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : Have you ever seen the episode of Friends with Fun Bobby?
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>I watched that episode last night :)</div>
  • Options
    Oh yes Gabby Douglas was very good on bars. I like that she did that release skill in pike.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:248b6778-a63b-4155-97b9-ab1aa171ccca">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : That term ('loose') always make me chuckle. I don't know why. 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>She called her that the day of my Bridal Shower. My aunt literally about pissed herself. I don't care about that certain part of my Grams life. She's the best gram I could of ever asked for. She always called me her angel, I knew she meant it with her whole heart. But then again I saved her life at a minimum twice. Good Lord living with her was an adventure.</div>
    We're Married!! And I couldn't be happier!
  • Options
    Yeah my neighbor and I sat there forever trying the credit card trick and bobby pin. I've seen J do the the credit card one so I know it works. I tried calling a locksmith and they wanted 135 bucks for it, wtf? Leisel express! They have a line called the "skyscraper" which doesn't come in longs but they are made to be super long. I fit perfectly in their size 6s.
  • Options
    Liesel - I watched that one the other night too, which is probably why it came to mind.
  • Options
    Alright ladies, I should go to bed if I hope to wake up early to try to get a drs appointment.

Thank you for all for the convos...it has definitely helped distracting me from the stuff me and my mom are going thru!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:1d8049e0-e5b7-43f2-ab33-76ee74be430d">Re:Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah my neighbor and I sat there forever trying the credit card trick and bobby pin. I've seen J do the the credit card one so I know it works. I tried calling a locksmith and they wanted 135 bucks for it, wtf? Leisel express! They have a line called the "skyscraper" which doesn't come in longs but they are made to be super long. I fit perfectly in their size 6s.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>Gah, I need to get over to Express pronto. JCrew is usually my go to for long jeans and pants, but I hate having to spend close to 200 on jeans. Even though they do last forever. I had one pair of jeans - as in literally just the one pair - and it lasted me 5 years. But yay for long jeans at Express!</div>
  • Options
    Musu, you should have told me! I'm great at the credit card trick. But it doesn't work if you've used the dead bolt. 
  • Options
    Musical, H had to do the credit card trick a couple weeks ago! Our locksmith wanted $100 and I said no way to that. It took about an hour for H with an old gift card, but by god, we got into the house.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:8f9637da-68fa-46c3-b26e-71f20a119394">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heb, that stinks that she never said who his real father was. My grandfather was adopted by his grandmother so legally he's his mother's brother if that makes sense? It didn't make sense to me growing up since he always acknowledged his mother as such. It was more because his mother got divorced while pregnant or something and being a single mom was a big taboo. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That does make sense. The same thing happened to my sisters best friend. I think it takes an amazing person to adopt a child  and go thru the whole process. Especially in the old school instances, it wasn't as talked about back then. That makes me teary eyed.

</div>
  • Options
    Goodnight Hockey. Goodluck getting an appointment. I hope everything works out! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:9909365f-2901-4de5-b281-62e30c6f2334">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : She called her that the day of my Bridal Shower. My aunt literally about pissed herself. I don't care about that certain part of my Grams life. She's the best gram I could of ever asked for. She always called me her angel, I knew she meant it with her whole heart. But then again I saved her life at a minimum twice. Good Lord living with her was an adventure.
    Posted by heb557[/QUOTE]

<div>I always think it's dumb when people say things like that about older people. So she had sex when she was young. So did lots of other people, they just didn't end up pregnant. People who live in glass houses, y'know ... </div>
  • Options
    I normally never fit into Express jeans so I was super surprised. I bought a pair of the skyscrapers and then a pair of super dark wash of the "slim flare" line. Also didn't come in longs but fit perfect some how.
  • Options
    Glad we could be distracting Hockey.  Have a good night.

I want something sweet... I'm thinking Nutella/graham cracker sandwiches will fit the bill.  I made a few the other day and H was all "Did you just make sandwiches out of that?"  Apparently he never had graham cracker chocolate frosting sandwiches growing up.  Am I alone in that delectable little treat?  My mom used to put them in my lunches sometimes.  
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah J is really good at the Cc thing too so even though he was coaching me over the phone, no dice. He can do it in seconds.
  • Options
    And here comes the gymnastics in Mountain time :).
  • Options
    willywally5willywally5 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    MuSu glad your nabes are good folk and won't be burglng you. I can cross THAT off my list of things about which to worry now. Whew!

ETA: I just found a pic of several greats back grandparents. They look very stern. I don't think I'd have liked to hang out with them.
  • Options
    heb557heb557 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:f0d114fa-edf5-447c-9397-ada48c5830d8">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Night : I always think it's dumb when people say things like that about older people. So she had sex when she was young. So did lots of other people, they just didn't end up pregnant. People who live in glass houses, y'know ... 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes I totally agree. I just think she was always jealous of my grams.. She was just confident, so i've heard.</div>
  • Options
    Loopy, I love Nutella/graham cracker sandwiches. I never had the frosting ones growing up-I discovered them as an adult.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shucks. I don't know if those Express ones will be long enough on me. They have a 34 inch inseam and I'm a 36 inch inseam. My legs are ridiculous. 

Loopy, I've never had a graham cracker sandwich but that does sound really good!
  • Options
    Night Hockey!
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Loopy - my mother puts butter on graham crackers. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-night-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a021d06f-3c95-441a-a169-fce2a09490b8Post:546398e6-dde0-4b31-a930-5e28a4044fa2">Re: Sunday Night</a>:
    [QUOTE]Glad we could be distracting Hockey.  Have a good night. I want something sweet... I'm thinking Nutella/graham cracker sandwiches will fit the bill.  I made a few the other day and H was all "Did you just make sandwiches out of that?"  Apparently he never had graham cracker chocolate frosting sandwiches growing up.  Am I alone in that delectable little treat?  My mom used to put them in my lunches sometimes.  
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I love frosting on graham crackers. My dad and grandma made them for me. It's a special 'grandkid' treat and when all of us cousins get together we almost always make them.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think I'm the only one who breaks up graham crackers and eats them in millk, like cereal. It grosses some people out, but it's so yummy.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards