Wedding Etiquette Forum

Re: *

• Options
    Sorry things are so stressful for you.

Just breathe. Try to relax.
  • Options
    So sorry Gina, you have a lot going on, don't you?!  I'll keep your family in my prayers.  In the meantime, I'm sending you a PM.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, that all sucks.

I would just let the wedding go for now.  You still have 5-ish months until the wedding, and the details are insignificant and clearly stressful right now.  There are plenty of people (ahem, fische) who have planned a wedding in 3 months or so--it's not ideal, but I would prioritize and just put that junk on the back burner for now and tell your mom to too.  You'e got bigger fish to fry.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Hopefully after the holidays, everything will calm down. There are some nice things about Christmas, but unless you're a kid, it's also a very, very stressful time of year. Everyone I know has an increased work load, or has to pick up for employees on vacation. My coworker was just let go as well.

It's great your dad is in good spirits. When is your brother's wedding again? Hopefully it will all be over soon!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I agree with Brie about the wedding details.  I planned my wedding in about 3 months, so you should be fine, especially if you have the major things booked.  Sorry that you're having a tough time right now. 
  • Options
    LilG, that sucks. I'm so sorry. I agree with Brie about prioritizing. With the exception of booking major vendors, much of the wedding planning can wait until the last couple months. And there are tons of vendors in the Boston area, so even if you still need to book you'd be okay.

The best way to be helpful to your mom and dad right now is to also be well yourself. Let Mr.G continue to do his part and help take care of you. Maybe you guys can set up a little quality time each weekend, if even for a couple hours? It sounds like that helps you unwind.

:hugs:

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    I agree to back-burner the wedding for a while. Focus on stuff that's more important. I've done more WR stuff in the last two months than I did in the entire 17 months we were engaged.
  • Options
    Kudos for being the strong one for your family.  I know how hard that can be.  I can't quite tell from your post - are you working on your wedding, or your brother's?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Just saw your response on that - hang in there.  Only a little time left.  Not much we can do from afar, but if you need help with program design or something similar, let us know.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Oh wow, your brother is getting married in a couple weeks. Well, the two weeks prior to any formal wedding are going to be the craziest, so you can probably expect it to get a little less stressful in 11 days. But that's a lot to take on for anyone.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, Gina.  I was wondering if there were two weddings.  I'm sure your mom appreciates the help.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    From what I've read on here you seem like a really strong person, Lil.  I'm sure you'll make it through all of this just fine.  I do know how it feels, though, to feel the weight of the world on your shoulders. 

Make sure you're taking some time out for yourself as well.  Even if it's just a nice bath one night or dinner out with your H.  Just a couple of hours to decompress every now and again.  The last thing you need at this time is to be coming down sick yourself because you've been running yourself ragged.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wow-- so sorry you are going through all of this at once. you and your family are in my prayers.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got a lump in my throat reading this. I'm so sorry you're going through all this at once. I want to give you a hug and a case of Magner's. Tell you what- I'll put them both in a FedEx box. I can't speak for the whole board, but I for one am more than happy to read your venting posts if it will make you feel any better just to get it off your chest.
  • Options
    Wow I just read all of this. Stay strong! Good luck getting through your bro's wedding. Once all the planning BS is done it will probably be fun to see your whole family. Try not to take on more than you can handle in the meantime.
  • Options
    Aw, hang in there, hopefully some things will start to let up soon. It really is the old adage "When it rains, it pours."  I'll keep you all in my prayers, especially your mom & dad.
    Crosswalk
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-need-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a092b81e-f979-416e-b128-19132f283366Post:ee47c57e-69da-4820-9799-492c803f3ab1">Re: I just need to talk...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and my 33 year old cousin JUST Announced he's getting married a few days after my brother.
    Posted by lilgina64[/QUOTE]

What? Is he eloping? You guys aren't expected to help him out too, right?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_just-need-talk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a092b81e-f979-416e-b128-19132f283366Post:f7ed37a3-12f0-4cd4-a6d2-4f9bc866247d">Re: I just need to talk...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a lump in my throat reading this. I'm so sorry you're going through all this at once. I want to give you a hug and a case of Magner's. Tell you what- I'll put them both in a FedEx box. I can't speak for the whole board, but I for one am more than happy to read your venting posts if it will make you feel any better just to get it off your chest.
    Posted by mandapanda78[/QUOTE]

Ditto all of this.  Except instead of a hug my Fed Ex box will contain a boob grab. 

Seriously, vent all you need and let us know if there's anything we can do. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this lilgina. That's a lot on your shoulders right now. I'll be thinking about you.
  • Options
    Virtual hugs to you, Gina.
  • Options
    I know it's tempting to be the strong one when everyone around you is crumbling and relying on you to help, but if you need to talk to someone IRL, like a counseler, just for an hour or so, then - do it for yourself.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Oh Sweetie. I wish I was there to hug you! I can't imagine how tough all of this is for you. If there's anything I can do let me know.

I ditto all the good advice here, and want to add that you should sit down and make a big list of every task you need to complete for his wedding and start marking it off as you do it. It will help you not feel so overwhelmed.

I love you. Stay strong!
  • Options
    For you lil G:

• Options
    hahahaha I adore you Beatles.

Thanks Bec. I strive to one day be as strong as you mama Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards