Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hurray snow day! (LJ post)

Today is the perfect snow day. It snowed from 5pm last night until about 8am this morning. I got the phone call at 4am to say school was canceled and we waited until 9 to see if Dh could get to work.
We walk outside, braced for the weather, and there's hardly any snow whatsoever. Roads are cleared, car barely covered, ok then.
The joyous part is my county is so big I may not have school tomorrow either, because most parts of the county has 6" and ice right now.

Re: Hurray snow day! (LJ post)

• Options
    There's a boat load of snow in Falls Church! It may not be on the roads, but it's everywhere else!
  • Options
    I am SO jealous. I love snow and really really love snow days but for some crazzzy reason the state of Maine is being neglected of snow...

Hope you have a fun day off!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I loved growing up in the DC area because of snow days.  We would get just enough to cancel snow some days, but there is not enough consistency winter to winter for anyone to truly adjust to it.  My parents are still bitching about all of the shoveling winter.  Hoping it is done for the winter and doesn't bother my traveling plans in 2 weeks. 

Are you North or South of the beltway? 
  • Options
    Is there really Sco??? There's nothing around my apartment building, I can see the grass poking through in most areas. I wonder if being squashed next to 495 makes the area that much warmer or something...It makes me want to drive out to 50 and see what everyone is going through.

We're supposed to get more of it Friday/Saturday too. One of my friends in Merrifield was hearing 2-3 feet again, ugh!
  • Options
    Ummm (looks at the traffic) I am 50 feet west of the beltway...I could probably throw a snowball and create a traffic accident.
  • Options
    Yeah, Metro was pretty much empty today. If I must go in to work on a snow day, I'm glad my commute is at least pain-free. Roads and sidewalks were surprisingly clear, although some walkways were icy/slow going. It keeps dropping random flakes over here in Rosslyn. 
  • Options
    Yeah I posted a few pics on FB this morning. I had to clean off my car this morning. It's really snowy here. Go look!
  • Options
    Sheesh, our biggest worry on my side is the trees all dropping their snow loads on your head. My dog got nailed and just looked up like "wtf was that??"

We need to start planning another Dc g2g man...
  • Options
    The road were clear this morning at 8 when I took J to work. When I went out at 6 am to check the condition of the massive hill we live on top of, I was surprised to see it was clean. They did a really good job cleaning roads & stuff this time!
  • Options
    I'm totally up for another get together...you guys are awesome, and I haven't met scoetto yet (plus we may be able to entice some of the baltimore knotties to join us).

I'll start working my brain for good activities.

The snow totally melting here in the city which makes me happy. I'm clumsy enough as it is with this big belly, I don't need ice to make things worse.
  • Options
    Yes! I'm down for another g2g. J's issues are starting to calm down a bit so I have more free time :) Woohoo! March is a little busy for us though. We are going to 2 weddings that month back to back (one a friend from home, and Whit's the weekend after).
  • Options
    At this rate god only knows when I'll be moving out of the area so we can do it whenever.  Let's see, if we make it for 5 days before Amy is due...lol jk :)
  • Options
    I'm totally down for another G2G!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards