Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Food

2»

Re: Food

• Options
    Oh, I forgot - I used to make myself pasta salad and keep it in the fridge.  We had a little kitchenette in the dorm (but if you were smart, you could snag most of the stuff from the cafeteria to go and just mix when you got back).  My senior year I actually had a tiny on campus apartment with a TINY, TINY kitchen, so I could 'cook' but it was a LOT of trouble.  Pasta salad was a staple then, though.  But, I still got my BBQ sandwich for lunch at least 3 - 4 times a week.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2010
    As an example of how diverse I've gotten (and I can really thank my college friends for getting me into Indian food and chinese-- my dad refused to have that stuff in the house when we were growing up), I am going to this restaurant tonight:  http://www.hai.se/flipmenu/
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_food-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a0fa0991-d8a1-4e1b-955b-00ada5fc837fPost:900d562a-4295-4c57-9d06-36dc5a581944">Re: Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, my after the bar food of choice was calzones from this place called DP Dough.  They delivered until 4am to your dorm parking lot.  SO GOOD.
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

My after bar food of coice was Pita Pit. More specifically, a pita pocket with chicken, cheese, tzaziki sauce, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, sprouts. SO DELICIOUS. Seriously. And they delivered 'til 3am.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_food-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a0fa0991-d8a1-4e1b-955b-00ada5fc837fPost:45e824ad-045d-4c5e-bec0-a2992b3bc510">Re: Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]TR - I love how you spelled pierogis. Mandy teases me because I spell it pierogi. But that's the RIGHT WAY.
    Posted by pumpkinpumpkin[/QUOTE]

How does Mandy spell it??

And nhelene - yeah I get the premade ones too, boil and then sautee in a pan with butter and onions...mmmm...
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_food-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a0fa0991-d8a1-4e1b-955b-00ada5fc837fPost:a7fba160-71ef-476b-b7c8-e3fb40befa4b">Re: Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Food : How does Mandy spell it?? And nhelene - yeah I get the premade ones too, boil and then sautee in a pan with butter and onions...mmmm...
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

Perogies.

I only like my polish Baba's homemade though!
  • Options
    I feel like we had a DP Dough in the EL.  And a Pita Pit, though I never liked either of them.
  • Options
    This is all making me very hungry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I should tell you what I ate for lunch Dani.  I think that would stop you from being hungry for a while.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_food-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a0fa0991-d8a1-4e1b-955b-00ada5fc837fPost:67b5912e-a476-48de-a93b-dacbba1b75c0">Re: Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]I should tell you what I ate for lunch Dani.  I think that would stop you from being hungry for a while.
    Posted by AmoroAgain[/QUOTE]

Let's hear it.
  • Options
    I made a grilled cheese sandwich from Gouda.  Then, I cut up some chicken hotdogs and put them inside. 

It was kind of gross and oily.
  • Options
    Oh, um, that doesn't sound gross to me.  :D  Well until you said it was kind of gross.
  • Options
    Not gross, just slightly strange.  What prompted this lunch plan?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I lived at home in college because that is the only way I could afford to go.  My first and second years of law school I ate cheese and crackers every night.  A splurge was a deli grilled cheese sandwich instead for lunch.  When FI met me he thought I was anorexic.  After I started clerking between second and third year and had money going to something other than tuition, books and rent, I started cooking the comfort foods I grew up with.  After graduation I was really able to enjoy my kitchen.  Today, FI and try to not make the same recipe twice (unless we absolutely love it).
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    But it was gross Dani!  I am not a fan of gouda grilled cheese.  It just gets really heavy and oily tasting, then topped with hot dogs? Comeon.

I had to use up the hot dogs and we were out of buns, and... I was craving a grilled cheese sandwich, knowing that I only had gouda and it was going to gross me out.
  • Options
    I ate Stouffer's lasagna almost every single night my freshman year, and I definitely gained the freshman 15 because of it.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    Kate, I love your dress!  Have you posted more pictures?
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_food-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a0fa0991-d8a1-4e1b-955b-00ada5fc837fPost:45e824ad-045d-4c5e-bec0-a2992b3bc510">Re: Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]TR - I love how you spelled pierogis. Mandy teases me because I spell it pierogi. But that's the RIGHT WAY.
    Posted by pumpkinpumpkin[/QUOTE]

DON'T BE HATIN'!  I'M FRENCH! 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    sarabellamsarabellam member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2010
    Good grief, college was s many years ago I don't think I can remember what I ate. I was consistently broke, so didn't eat "out" (fast food or pizza) but a couple of times a semester. Meals weren't bad - I ate a lot of salads because the salad bar was pretty innocuous. And it had enough variety that I could completely give up meat during Lent, not just on Fridays.

Now, we eat a lot of chicken (mostly grilled or roasted), grilled or sauteed (picatta-style, parm with marinara and cheese, or teryaki) pork chops, and pasta in it's various incarnations.  

ETA: LVB, I'm pretty sure gold is 6K. I'll get there eventually.
  • Options
    KentuckyKateKentuckyKate member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_food-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a0fa0991-d8a1-4e1b-955b-00ada5fc837fPost:4a50a3d5-34da-41b1-8ec2-c668594bb0ad">Re: Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate, I love your dress!  Have you posted more pictures?
    Posted by andyandhillary[/QUOTE]
    Thanks :) Only a couple dress pictures, when someone else asked about it.  I don't have any pro pics, not even teasers yet, and the wedding was a month ago.

ETA: Here is that other thread.

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kentuckykate-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:064d2ae7-0a33-44e0-998d-84f278713067Post:257e462c-2810-4e6c-b6d0-9a1d6e7b9c11">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kentuckykate-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:064d2ae7-0a33-44e0-998d-84f278713067Post:257e462c-2810-4e6c-b6d0-9a1d6e7b9c11</a>
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    For lunch my freshman year I would eat a salad with honey mustard dressing and a veggie burger. I still like that stuff just fine.

My friends and I used to order either calzones, chinese or, later, chicken strips and watch ER on Thursdays. Or the Real World, when it was on. Don't eat chicken anymore, and the Chinese food in LA sucks, but it made good memories!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Mag, yup, we're north.  Somerville isn't far. . . I'd have to pick it up, for sure, but I'll see if I can locate one.  Yay!  Thanks!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards