Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Invitation Wording

I am wondering how to word my daughter's invitations when my fiance and I are solely paying for her wedding. My ex husband, her father is still alive but has never been much help; my daughter and her siblings considers my fiance their dad also.  Thanks in advance for your opinions, Dawn

Re: Invitation Wording

• Options
    Why are you choosing the invitation wording and not her?
  • Options
    Ms. Dawn your Lastname

Mr. John his Lastname

request the honour of your presence (if civil ceremony, use pleasure of your company instead)

at the marriage of

First Middle Last of bride

to

Mr. First Middle Last of groom

on the tenth of October, etc, etc.
  • Options
    She is, and has asked my opinion. She has also asked my fiance' to walk her IF her dad decides not to. It is a long and complicated situation, she want's to give credit where it is due without "lashing" out at her dad. I am only trying to help her word it where everyone is okay and she is not so stressed. 
    Thank you
  • Options
    Do you consider yourself the host of the event? Or just providing the funding so she can host it?

I don't know how you feel about not actually having names on it, but you could say:

Together with their parents/families,
    Jane Marie Smith
    and
    John Adam Jones
    request the honor of your presence
    at their marraige
    blah blah blah

If you don't want to do that, then I guess you, your fiance, and your daughter just have to decide whether you want her father on there or not. Etiquette-wise I don't think it really matters, it's just a matter of whether you consider him a host or not.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    Both examples are fine.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards