Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

AW: My husband on Top Chef tonight!

So tonight is the night he is supposed to be on Top Chef!  They filmed this episode at the restaurant he works at and used him as one of the servers. 

I watched the preview last week and when Kevin was presenting his dish to the judges my husband leaned in the screen and I saw the tippy top of his head!  I know he had to plate food for 3 different people, so I am really hoping they show a lot more of him than that.  They  have to!!

So watch for him tonight!!  There are two Latin guys...he is the one with little gray streak in front.

P.S.  It took me a fricking hour to figure out how to get rid of the knot tv.  I could only see ONE inch of the boards and it was so hard to scroll through and even read anything to help me, when it wasn't freezing. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: AW: My husband on Top Chef tonight!

• Options
    Yay!  I love Top Chef, I will totally keep an eye out.
  • Options
    I also love Top Chef!! I'll keep my eyes peeled!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ooo fun.  I probably won't get to watch until tomorrow but I'll definitely be on the lookout.  Did he give the bad boy Voltaggio brother a kiss for me?

• Options
    Oh man... I had to go eat because I'm watching all the episodes leading up to the new one tonight.
  • Options
    Yay, too bad I don't get it though!  Shoulda kept the satellite tv.

Sidenote, I called on Monday but you had left already.  Working tonight or tomorrow?
  • Options
    Gosh, Sascha--could you and your H be more famous (or hot?)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha Rach....hopefully they show more than the top of his head!!  But I do agree...he IS hot:)  I hope the doctors went ok fo you today hon.

Julez...he did not kiss the hot boy, but Padma did rub his arm and call him honey when asking for some sugar for her coffee.

Mocha...I will be there tomorrow afternoon.  Don't worry...I have your shoes safe and sound:)

Btw...my husband's fav was Kevin.  He said he was so genuine and nice.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is so cool Sasha. I will be looking out for him.

btw - DH leaves in 10 days to Lake Tahoe to work with the celebrity chef that is on tonights show. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    So cool. I'm going to DVR it.
  • Options
    My DH calls Kevin "Young Santa".  He's one of our favs too.

DH met Padma one time.  I was shocked he came home to me afterwards.  The boys, they love her.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Top Chef is one of my favorites! I'm recording it tonight.

Slight threadjack, but have you been to Fleur de Lys at Mandalay Bay? I have a reservation there for this weekend and the owner/executive chef was on top Chef Masters last season.

And I LOVE Kevin. I hope he wins. FI and I want to go to his restaurant if we're ever in Atlanta. We're total restaurant whores.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    LYNDA. Don't even tell me it's Thomas Keller. He's, like, my hero.

If it's not Thomas Keller, I'm sure he's still going to have a really cool experience. Haha.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    Lynda that is so awesome!!  I heard that guy is pretty amazing.  Alex is going to be one of the judges tonight too.

Mery...I was trying to remember who was going to be in Vegas soon!  I have been to Fleur de Lys a couple times.  I LOVE it!!!  The room is so amazingly beautiful and so is the food.  Last time I was there I had some absinthe after dinner.  They have an absinthe cart that they do the whole presentation with melting the sugar on the spoon.  They present it tableside.  It is so cool. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think Kevin seems nice even through the show.  I think Michael Voltaggio is an azz, but he doesn't hide it.  He is who he is and if you don't do it right, he's going to go Hell's Kitchen on your azz.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going to be there for, like, 36 hours. Which is typical of me and Vegas. FI will flip if there's absinthe! We also want to go to that other place that's at Mandalay Bay with the wine angels in the huge wine tower, just to get a bottle. Definitely taking a cab...
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-husband-top-chef-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2ac4ee1-2c09-4f1c-b69c-ccf2fab4f267Post:2ccdfe4e-427a-45f0-82e4-0a72ee5f5e46">Re: AW: My husband on Top Chef tonight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]LYNDA. Don't even tell me it's Thomas Keller. He's, like, my hero. If it's not Thomas Keller, I'm sure he's still going to have a really cool experience. Haha.. 
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Opps... DH was wrong..... She is on the show tonight, just not a judge.  Her name is Traci Des Jardins.  She is opening up a restuarant in Lake Tahoe and DH is going for 2 weeks to help open it.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    They sometimes have several celebs on. I think Keller is the "main" one tonight though.

It's awesome that he gets to do that, though. It appears if I'm ever in the Virgin Islands I should eat at his restaurant!
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I forgot Thomas Keller is on tonight!  I was thinking of the Jerome guy.

Amoro...Michael does seem like he would get mean.  He is sexy though.  I totally had a crush on the Napa guy from Top Chef masters...Michael Chiarello.

Mery...that sounds just amazing.  That restaurant is called Aureole.  If you guys want a nightcap, you should see Mix at The Hotel at Mandalay.  It is the most beautiful restaurant ever.  And there is a lounge connected to it.  It is on top of the hotel and overlooks the whole strip.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aw-husband-top-chef-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2ac4ee1-2c09-4f1c-b69c-ccf2fab4f267Post:591bd3e9-d46e-48f7-9b1b-08331a0c110f">Re: AW: My husband on Top Chef tonight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's awesome that he gets to do that, though. It appears if I'm ever in the Virgin Islands I should eat at his restaurant!
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah you should.  DH is a great chef (of course I'm bias).  He trained under another celebrity chef (Eric Ripert).  If DH knows you, he really hooks you up with a ton of food also.

• Options
    Sasha.. both Jerome and Thomas are considered Guest Judges.

Then there are 5 other chefs appearing.  With only 5 left standing I'm assuming those chefs are working with the Top Chef contestants.

• Options
    I think St  Thomas should be our next tropical vacation!  Did Jennifer work for Ripert when your husband was there?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That is so cool! I will have to tune in tonight.
  • Options
    I'm newly addicted to that show.  I'd never watched it before and I got sucked into a marathon the other weekend that stole my entire day.  It got dark hours later, and I was still just sitting there, completely tunnel visioned on the TV.  

::waves at sasha::

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    DH worked with Eric in the late 90's early 2000.  First at  Le Bernadin in NYC, then opened up his place in La Qunita, Palm Springs.   Jennifer works at his Philly restaruant, which only opened a few years ago.

Eric is the reason DH has his job here.  Eric was asked by our parent company  if he knew of some chefs to run the St Thomas property.  Eric told them about our friend and DH.   The friend came as the Exec and DH has the Exec Sous.  Our friend left and DH was promoted.

• Options
    Lynda....sorry, I was mistaken.  Alex Stratta is one of the chefs that they serve, but not a guest judge at the end. 

I guess the final 5 serve a large group of 12, which included all the judges, guests judges, some past contestants, and Alex and Daniel Boulud and some others.  But the other chefs do not help them in the back, they are just there for the dinner. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That makes sense Sasha.

Our cable it out right now   Cry.  Let's hope it back on by 11pm.

• Options
    Hi East:)  The marathons totally suck you in.  The worst part  is having to look at all that food and not be able to taste it.  I want to be a guest judge!

Lynda...your husband must be the bomb.  That is so cool.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm watching, Sascha!!  I've never seen this before, and I'm giving up Criminal Minds :)))

OK, actually, your episode doesn't come on until 9, so I'll watch then.... I've got it DVR'd too, so I'm covered :)  Yeah, I'm a dork sometimes.

And, THIS is why I refuse to call the ex a "chef." He's a (former, I believe, if rumors are true) cook in a white coat, plain and simple.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I just saw him!! I swear!! I paused the tv to point him out to FI...how exciting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards