Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Who is up?

Anyone here? How is everyone?

Re: Who is up?

• Options
    I'm here.

Arrived in France yesterday.  Just had lunch on the yacht.  Got toally unpacked and settled into the apt.

We should have internet there in a few day.  It is !2:55 in the afternoon here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi aMrs. How is France? Is it amazing? Good to see your H again?
  • Options
    It is great to see H again.

Still adjusting to the time change a bit, but I'll get into.

I'll take pictures, but from the apt, if you look left, you can see Old Antibes, if you look straight you see the Mediterranean Sea, looking left, you can see Nice and out the from t you can see the snow capped Swiss Maritime Alps.

He done real good on the location :-)  Now I just need to find the food markets...

• Options
    That sounds awesome. Definatly post some pics when you have them, I would love to see them. Food markets will be amazing, I have seen french food markets on TV and they look great
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2009
    Am I.  Not happily though.  I got off work at 11pm last night.  I feel asleep around  12:30.  At 1:01am DH called to tell me he arrived okay.   Then it took me another hour to fall asleep. 

Then at 6am this morning I got another phone call from DH telling me to have a great day and how he is excited about starting work.   Umm, honey, do you know it's my day off?  And do you know it's 2am your time?  Apparently they have not added the alarm clocks to the rooms yet.  He woke up thinking it was 5am.  He took a shower and got dressed and was about to go to work.

So now I've been up ever since.   Let's up I can take a nap later.

aMrsin09 - Glad you made it to France okay.  I'm jealous of your life right now.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    France sounds great!

Good morning, Eeners.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh don't be jealous, while the weather is cuurently perfect, I am still in jeans and a light sweater, while you are in a bikini.

I must hav missed it, where is DH working?
  • Options
    That sucks Lynda, I can't get back to sleep after being woken up usually, so i sympathise
  • Options
    Fishe, France is so far awesome.  But If you go to Italay to see Amoro, we can all meet up.  She is just a short train ride away.

I think I am getting kicked off the internet here, so I have to leave.  But I maybe back on if I can find a cafe.

Have a great day!
  • Options
    He went to open up a sister property in Lake Tahoe.  It's a great opportunity for him.  He is working with 2  certified master chefs (there are not that many around the world) and celebrity chef.  This could lead to future opportunities.

btw  aMrsin09 - did you here about the Brits sailors detained in Iran?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lynda, I saw that and that the somalie pirates took another crude oil supertanker.

I am so glad H is safely in port with no chance of heading out in the next 4 months,
  • Options
    The first person I thought of was you when I read the story.  Not only because of your DH, but your connection to the racing world.

• Options
    There was a time last year, I remember where Amoro said the flights to Italy were RIDICULOUSLY low.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Good morning!  I am trying to figure out why last night when I tried to knot at home in IE, it was not updated, but was in Firefox.  Now, this morning at work, Firefox is not updated but IE is.
  • Options
    yeah, the racing sites are completely lit up over this.  I'm still reading about it, but it seems kind of ridiculous that a boat "strayed" slightly into Iranian waters and being boarded etc. 

It just seems as if there is so much more to it.
  • Options
    AMrs, kudos to your husband for the location. Sounds absolutely fabulous.

And good morning to the rest of the Eeners up this morning (thanks for that term, Fischey).
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2009
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_up-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a2e32c65-c9c4-4b59-abfd-4cf6126467c0Post:0fad571c-4e82-4dd6-b43c-d35037a0de4d">Re: Who is up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]  It just seems as if there is so much more to it.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

There always is...

Mini-vent.  I get AP alerts on my phone.  They broke the story of the 5 sailor.  That is a good one.   I received one that Tiger was not going to play in his tournament.   WFT?  Breaking news.

This morning I get one about the couple who crashed the state dinner saying they deny they are gate-crashers. Again WTF who cares?

Then I check the news and find out they shot and killed the suspect that killed the 4 police officers in Washington.  Nothing.  Not one alert.

It's sad what our country is coming to that the washington story is not has important a Tiger woods playing in a damm golf tournament.

Okay - mini-vent over.  I'm just cranky because cable has been  mostly out since Sunday and they only thing I able to watch is the Today show,  which is interviewing the gate-crashing couple or Fox news.  I'm just not a Fox news fan.

• Options
    Hi, Sara! ;)

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Morning Fischey. I'm sitting here seething, because I lose my first period class today because of some stupid assembly. Okay, it's good information about legal issues with teenagers, but goddammit, we should have gotten a little more warning than 10 minutes. My lesson plans for the next 3 weeks were pretty much set in stone, and this shoots them to hell.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards