North Carolina
Options

AW: House hunting

FI and I have been doing lots of online searching for our first home together, but we finally have an appointment with a realtor for Saturday to go visit some homes. There is one in particular that FI and I have LOVED (at least from what we've seen online), but it was ~$60,000 out of our price range. Over the weekend, the price on that house dropped $80,000 for quick sale. Holy Cow! Could this be a sign?!?! We're hoping we love it as much in person as we do online.

Re: AW: House hunting

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! Thats exciting GL let us know how it goes
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahh! That sounds like great news! *Fingers crossed!*
  • Options
    smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  That would be really exciting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is awsome!!! good luck and keep us posted after you go!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome!  Is it a house in E.City?  What part?  I'll be there this weekend too for a party and a shower.  We might run into each other! (if that is still where you are looking)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Megan - it is in EC, in Riverview Estates. I'm SO excited!I will definitely be there this weekend. Is Patrick coming with you? Maybe we should meet at Coasters for a beer.
  • Options
    jlindsey923jlindsey923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay thats exciting! I love house hunting!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck! That $8K first time homebuyer credit makes it even more appealing right now, along with low, low interest rates.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we're excited about the low interest rates, but we're exempt from the tax credit because of a name being on an old family home deed and FI's salary. :(
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is wonderful! We wanted to get a house before the $8k deal runs out, but we couldn't swing that with the wedding. But I'm so happy for you! That price drop sounds like a sign to me!!
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I may offer some advice (notice a theme here today!?!? lol, I just might get myself in trouble), after having just purchased a house, it's bring a camera and take a TON of pics when you're inside the house. It helps tremendously when you go home, so that you can look at the pics and see all the little details that you may not have noticed when you were in the house.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey! Patrick is going to be home with me but unfortunately we won't have time to swing a beer (even though we will probably both need one badly!)  We will be late getting in Friday night, have a party Saturday night that is 4pm - until (yikes) and then our shower is Sunday afternoon.  Sorry we are going to miss you guys, but as long as your still in the Vet School we can meet up anytime here in Raleigh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards