North Carolina
Options

Invites?

Okay, so I think what I am understanding is that if your parents aren't paying for the wedding, their names don't go into the invites? Right? I don't know. And I am basically writing a manual for Chris on what to do with each part of the wedding, and how to over come certain problems. Me & Chris are paying for everything. And I mean everything. Rehearsal dinner, flights, hotels everything. So does that mean their names don't go in? And if they do.. His parents are divorced but aren't remarried, but both have long time partners or might as well be FI's, so does that mean the partners go in also?

Re: Invites?

• Options
    smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aaron and I paid for everything and we put Stephanie....andAaron...together with their parentsinvite you to, etc.We did this because we are close with our families and didn't want to leave them out all together.  I don't suppose you have to include them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a nice way to bypass all of it (since it can get complicated) is to do something like we did.  Our invites said "Together with their families, Bridget & Thomas..." yada yada yada.  :o)  We paid for everything ourselves except the RD (paid by DH's parents) and the cake (paid for by my godmother).
    Photo Credit: Luster Studios
    Items for Sale!
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like what Stephanie did...it just depends if you want to include them or not. Even if they aren't paying, it is still a nice jesture.
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    jlindsey923jlindsey923 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh okay, I just wasn't sure esp. since Chris' parents are kind of flaky. No ones knows if they will even show up. So I didn't know about putting them in.
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yep! We are paying for everything and we put "Jessica.... and Jeremy.... together with their families invite you to their wedding......."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contrary to popular belief, it has nothing to do with who pays. I has to do with who hosts. It just so happens that those two are the same 98% of the time. Who is taking care of your guests, greeting them, thanking them all for coming, & assuring their comfort and happiness? If that's you, then your names are supposed to go on the invite. If it's you two & 1-4 parents, then you can list everyone. Really, it all depends on who is actively hosting vs. who is just showing up to walk the aisle, sit, & eat.Many people add their parents because they're close, regardless of if they're helping to pay for the wedding or not. It's really up to what you & your FI want. If you want to add them, the easiest way would probably be to use "Together with their parents,..."  Before or after your names. Simple, short, & yet still all-inclusive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are both very close to our families, and even though we're paying for everything, we decided to word our invites likes this:Mr. & Mrs. Melvin & Barbara LastNametogether withMr. & Mrs. Gary & Lisa LastNamerequest the honour of your presenceat the marriage of their children....and so on. I think it has to do with personal preference as well. We really don't care what people think about who/who isn't paying when they read their invites. It's a special occasion for us as well as each set of parents, so we wanted all of the names included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying for most of the wedding, but we used something like: Sistergh's parents request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter Sistergh to FI, son of ...  anyway.  My mom is pretty traditional-minded, and I didn't want her friends to think my parents weren't contributing or weren't hosting.  Our situation was easier because our parents are still married to each other, though.  Our invitation folks said a lot of people do "together with their families" or something similar to avoid confusion or leaving people out.  You can get some really good wording ideas from online invitation sites like mygatsby.com (which has a wording wizard), weddingpaperdivas.com, or Paperwhites Press (the Cary company we used for our wonderful invitations). 
  • Options
    elisab81elisab81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did the same thing as pp funkyfish.  both our parents have picked up small items for us along the way but we didnt want to seem like one set of parents was paying for more than the other...blah blah all that good stuff!GL with the decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are just going to include our names and "together with thier familes"....that way it isnt narrowed down to parents specifically and covers any step of half family members...and divorced parent situations....alot cheaper on the wording too than listing everyone out by name.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can really do whatever you want these days. We're paying but both families are hosting. We included both of their names at the top of the invitation without the "together with their families" language. I think you get to decide what that's going to look like.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards