Wedding Etiquette Forum

At the behest of my wife

Ok knotties. After reading through my posts my wife convinced me that I should just come clean.

Everything I told you is true, about the dudes that come here, lurking, writing a textbook, our plans to adopt, and not knowing my wedding date, which incidently did annoy Evie, but she still believes I’m a real person (doesn’t know I’m a zombie, Poli).

EvA emailed me right after KPS started saying I should check it out as something sociologically interesting, since the topic of my book is the presentation of self in modern society. I thought the secrets were good examples of how facelessness allows people to create alternate identities to overcome their physical or emotional realities.

The idea is that whether someone is lying about their name, criminal background, past affairs, or marital status, the person posting--their thoughts and the things they choose to say--are still backed by real people, just people choosing to be different when given the option. It’s people being unincumbered by their physical looks, physical reality, and physical past to create the personality and life they want for themselves. So you could say that someone posting on an internet board is MORE real than the person they are “IRL”, or at least they are a true expression of a different facet of a real person, which I think is fucking awesome.

Sarah#s hit the nail on the head in a previous thread, but various posters have been saying this in different ways all along.

So I apologize for throwing you for a loop, and for this long-ass post I know will bring on the rage. I couldn't keep up with the other threads so I just posted it all at once. Trying to get a word in edgewise feels like trying to have an argument with my wife when she does the dishes, combs her hair, and emails her mom simultaneously, while still managing to talk circles around me. It's both infuriating and awe-inspiring.

Re: At the behest of my wife

• What exactly did you just come clean about?  I read this twice but am missing what you are admitting to.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• ricksangricksang member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2010
    You do know there is an org. Post Sercrets that includes noth male and female secrets, RIGHT? You should get diffrent gender POVs. KWIM?
  • Okay I am not fixing my mistakes again.
  • edited May 2010
    I didn't just come here or start posting to hang out and chat. Fuuck I don't know. Evie said people might be worried I was researching them.

Edit I meant studying not researching.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:5903a7d5-8da6-40a0-af76-4a8140644965">At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Ok knotties. After reading through my posts my wife convinced me that I should just come clean.   Everything I told you is true, about the dudes that come here, lurking, writing a textbook, our plans to adopt, and not knowing my wedding date, which incidently did annoy Evie, but she still believes I’m a real person (doesn’t know I’m a zombie, Poli).   EvA emailed me right after KPS started saying I should check it out as something sociologically interesting, since the topic of my book is the presentation of self in modern society. I thought the secrets were good examples of how facelessness allows people to create alternate identities to overcome their physical or emotional realities.   The idea is that whether someone is lying about their name, criminal background, past affairs, or marital status, the person posting--their thoughts and the things they choose to say--are still backed by real people, just people choosing to be different when given the option. It’s people being <strong>unincumbered</strong> by their physical looks, physical reality, and physical past to create the personality and life they want for themselves. So you could say that someone posting on an internet board is MORE real than the person they are “IRL”, or at least they are a true expression of a different facet of a real person, which I think is fucking awesome.   Sarah#s hit the nail on the head in a previous thread, but various posters have been saying this in different ways all along.   So I apologize for throwing you for a loop, and for this long-ass post I know will bring on the rage. I couldn't keep up with the other threads so I just posted it all at once. Trying to get a word in edgewise feels like trying to have an argument with my wife when she does the dishes, combs her hair, and emails her mom simultaneously, while still managing to talk circles around me. It's both infuriating and awe-inspiring.    
    Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]
    I swear I'm not being bitchy, but it's unencumbered. In the event that word may appear in you textbook manuscript.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • For what precisely are you apologizing?
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I havnt read most of the crap to do with you today. I find this all very boring. Too "in your face".
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:554e8db7-b972-42b4-9b32-1e0bd6066589">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to At the behest of my wife : I swear I'm not being bitchy, but it's unencumbered. In the event that word may appear in you textbook manuscript.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Actually, that isn't the only grammatical problem in that sentence, but I am sure that homedude has a good editor on staff.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:554e8db7-b972-42b4-9b32-1e0bd6066589">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to At the behest of my wife : I swear I'm not being bitchy, but it's unencumbered. In the event that word may appear in you textbook manuscript.

<div>Haha thanks Lauren. I'm not the best at spelling so I guess it's good I'll have an editor.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:d275b0cb-128d-4273-9f44-a8bb9e4d42c9">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't just come here or start posting to hang out and chat. Fuuck I don't know. Evie said people might be worried I was researching them. Edit I meant studying not researching.
    Posted by brosonhubman[/QUOTE]

Meh, I don't care if you research me <strong>BUT </strong>I like E b/c it is all women. IDK, it is just odd for men to want to post here.
  • So you're saying you're a dbag, or what?  This whole Evie/Eva business is weird, and makes me think less of Evabee and even worse of you and your mystery wife.
  • Yeah I guess I don't know what I'm coming clean about. WTF! I got guilt-tripped into coming on here to clear things up and there's nothing to clear up.

MilkDud- I do have a lot of time. I've wasted almost my whole day here.
  • edited May 2010
    I understand the whole conducting research on this site or KPS since it's coincides with ideas for your book but what exactly is the confession?  Was it that you were "studying"? 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:e1af798a-ccde-4709-a20e-8be62dac8938">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]So you're saying you're a dbag, or what?  This whole Evie/Eva business is weird, and makes me think less of Evabee and even worse of you and your mystery wife.
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

I am asking this too.  What is the big admission?  That he's studying us?  That he is a poor researcher by getting involved with his subjects instead of observing?  I don't know.  I am confused and this is why I just don't come around very much anymore.

What has happened to this place?
    Bi-oh-rama

• leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    geez WHO CARES.  enough with you already!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, I've been thinking for a while that we might be a good subject for sociologists/anthropologists. Have you gotten involved in looking at Second Life at all? Now there's some fucking identity insanity. My dad is a woman on there, and he's convinced my mom to court him with a male avatar.

And I'm two beers in and listening to Bob Dylan, so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up with any kind of smarts.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:ea1efa6c-1ef8-4179-ba67-c85b766aaa99">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: At the behest of my wife : Meh, I don't care if you research me BUT I like E b/c it is all women. IDK, it is just odd for men to want to post here.
    Posted by ricksang[/QUOTE]
    Ricks, I'm assuming those are you bewbs in your sig pic. They are niiiiiiice.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Yeah the Evie/Eva thing is always annoying. We normally call Eva by her last name but she doesn't use it here.
  • Actually it really makes me side eye evabee a lot.  Can't put my finger on it but it's just fishy. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:aaabdcb4-bfd3-48b4-8c78-53249c503bf9">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havnt read most of the crap to do with you today. I find this all very boring. Too "in your face".
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Not my intention. There's no point to prove so I don't know what I would be putting in your face, but fair enough</div>
  • I don't find the knot to be very valid research. Some of those KPS are fake.

• NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I feel like this is just troll feeding, and pointless. Why have there been so many exhaustingly long posts with/about this guy today?
  • Way too convoluted. I don't buy your first story or this one. You drove this into the gorund real fast.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Holy boobs, Batman!
    Bi-oh-rama

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:9702d167-50de-42c7-a65a-95ee1b3a9641">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: At the behest of my wife : Ricks, I'm assuming those are you bewbs in your sig pic. They are niiiiiiice.

Yep! ty! LOL!
  • You were conducting covert observations.  It doesn't bother me. 
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm looking at the avatars....
    Bi-oh-rama

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_behest-of-wife?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a48b6c04-707a-4645-9686-8e9cc59c923aPost:a1ac2ab8-554c-44be-bfb9-90eaa85c5ca1">Re: At the behest of my wife</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, I've been thinking for a while that we might be a good subject for sociologists/anthropologists. Have you gotten involved in looking at Second Life at all? Now there's some fucking identity insanity. My dad is a woman on there, and he's convinced my mom to court him with a male avatar. And I'm two beers in and listening to Bob Dylan, so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up with any kind of smarts.
    Posted by sarah0725[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I have a friend who's studying that actually. Second life is so unreal. I've never played but he's been in since it started I think.</div>
  • So if your wife wants you to come clean so badly, why doesn't she as well?  What was her sn?  Did we know her?
  • How has he been able to post so many times in one day.  Isn't there a limit/waiting period for new people?
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards