Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Words you hate

Shelly inspired me to this in Whiney McWhinesalot's thread in the California board.  What words do you absolutely hate?

I hate the word "vulva".  It looks wierd and sounds gross to me. I also hate the word "discharge" for the same reason.

Noodle hates the words "panties", "moist" and "bizarre."  So it's really fun to tell him I found some bizarrely moist panties and watch him freak out.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

Re: Words you hate

• Options

When my old company opened a new office up in St. Louis, the CEO called a meeting and annouced that we were "physically penetrating" the midwest region.  I had to bite my lip, because I too, am actually 12.

Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
  • Options
    I hate the shortened words that magazines use all the friggin time, like 'rents for parents.  "Nosh" is another one that drives me completely insane.

FI says "Vay-goo" instead of vagina and it makes me wanna slap him.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Drawer. I can't pronounce it right because I always over think it. I either say draw-er, or drore.  I just can't do it for some stupid reason.
    Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • Options
    I hate the word "fer" instead of "for".
  • Options
    Okay okay okay.... frenulum and intercourse.

Thanks 6th grade Catholic school sex ed (also Cosmo's "zomg 99 tips for better boning!!!11!!") for making me gag every time I come across those words.

I agree with PPs about moist and titties.

Also: pupil.

• Options
    slurp. I HATE the word slurp. My fiance loooooves to say it just to gross me out.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Skort, fork, comic, and vagina.....
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    stina! Great picture of those blue shoes on a rake. I love it!
  • Options
    stina-love those shoes in your sig

Back to topic: I hate the word tits...it just seems really derogatory?? And I sound like a sailor sometimes.  :-P  I also hate the ultimate B word but only if it's used in a rude manner... towards me or especially towards my friends.  Not a big fan of c-u-n-t either.  I really hate the word coc--kkkk....Ew.
  • Options

Vagina or any word that ends with "JYNA" like angina and the city Regina

• Options
    I hate gorg, as an abbreviation for gorgeous. Just say the whole word.

I hate the word tour, because my mother thinks I say it wrong and heckles me for it.
  • Options
    Ashley's general point about jyna words is on the money. My sister calls stomach pains "blegina" and it makes me eegghh.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:2be1b2ff-ecc5-410a-a63d-88422f4c7e38">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ashley's general point about jyna words is on the money. My sister calls stomach pains "blegina" and it makes me eegghh.
    Posted by evabee[/QUOTE]
    Wait, how did you know my name?  I don't care or anything, just wondering.
  • Options
    evabeeevabee member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    If I click on your picture it takes me to a page that says "Ashley + FI's Name" (Sorry, I forget). You can change that to private if you'd like!

BTW: Who Dey!              ... just throwing it out there.

Edit: You live in Columbus... camaraderie fail.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:2bae5bcd-953a-49ed-b917-2b33fd03871c">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I click on your picture it takes me to a page that says "Ashley + FI's Name" (Sorry, I forget). You can change that to private if you'd like! BTW: Who Dey!              ... just throwing it out there.
    Posted by evabee[/QUOTE]

OH I liked you until Who Dey.  :( 
  • Options
    OH I liked you until Who Dey.  :( 

Ahhhhh and it turns out it was for nothing because her bio says Columbus! Booo.
  • Options
    Eva - she's from Dayton actually.  So it's still possible. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:2bae5bcd-953a-49ed-b917-2b33fd03871c">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I click on your picture it takes me to a page that says "Ashley + FI's Name" (Sorry, I forget). You can change that to private if you'd like! BTW: Who Dey!              ... just throwing it out there. Edit: You live in Columbus... camaraderie fail.
    Posted by evabee[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for letting me know!  I will change that.  I live in Dayton, so not too far from Cincy!  I tried to change it to Columbus on my profile because it seems like there are more people on here from Cols than Cincy.  Where do you live?
  • Options
    Ah hah! I'll have to wait for the response...

I'm afraid I've scared her away by this point. At least I didn't say, "Ashley, I am also right outside your house. Put down the peanut butter, wipe your hands on those ratty sweats and look out your window..."
  • Options
    I have a proff that abbreviates every disease and test and it drives me BATTY! how much harded its it to say "Bronchus" over "bronch".  I want to finish her words. Out loud. In class.

Speaking of that we talked about vulvar discharge today haha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Well I am just blowing this conversation all over the place. My post hit after yours!
    I live down in Loveland/Milford area. So just down 75 from Dayton. Which city are you getting married in?
  • Options
    Supposably.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:b17720ae-8c3d-494f-bd5d-064f82afb7cd">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ah hah! I'll have to wait for the response... I'm afraid I've scared her away by this point. At least I didn't say, "Ashley, I am also right outside your house. Put down the peanut butter, wipe your hands on those ratty sweats and look out your window..."
    Posted by evabee[/QUOTE]
    Haha, I'm a loser actually...I don't even like football.  If I did, I'd probably be a Bengals fan, though.  :-)  DH is a Browns fan, but they kinda suck. 
  • Options
    Eva - I got married in Dayton (last June).  Not the most exciting city in the world, but it worked! 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:b2ab98dd-71fc-4d2b-9cca-9e9c0f188467">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Words you hate : Haha, I'm a loser actually...I don't even like football.  If I did, I'd probably be a Bengals fan, though.  :-)  DH is a Browns fan, but they kinda suck. 
    Posted by cocoreo3[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! That's the spirit!</div>
  • Options
    -ditto on sangwich....it's not cute when I know you can pronounce the word correctly
    -panty
    -thong
    -"gay" as a synonym for stupid
    -calling someone a f@g or f@ggot...I could barely even type that (knot wouldn't let me submit it with the correct spelling)
    Updated 1/17/11 imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm late to the party but I have to add mine: penetration (penetrated) especially when talking about sports: "the center really had some great penetration into the paint to make that shot" Gah!!

and I second pocketbook, I'm not 80, it's a purse.
  • Options
    I'm in the minority, but I'm quite fond of panties.  When I'm being obnoxious I pronounce them, "pawn-ties."  I crack myself up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:b420bfda-11d5-459e-a716-444891d5c253">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]-<strong>ditto on sangwich....it's not cute when I know you can pronounce the word correctly</strong> -panty -thong -"gay" as a synonym for stupid -calling someone a f@g or f@ggot...I could barely even type that (knot wouldn't let me submit it with the correct spelling)
    Posted by PsyDet 2155[/QUOTE]

You guys would probably hate that FI and I call them sammidges. I love asking him to make me a sammidge.

My least favorite word is slut. It's a destructive word.

I don't have a strong feeling about the word panties, but I think underpants is one of the great funny words. I love having a reason to talk about underpants.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    I know I'm late, but I hate

titty
    titty-bar

and placenta, because it sounds like it should be something nice and it isn't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards