Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Words you hate

2»

Re: Words you hate

• Options
    cvnt

And I don't HATE it, but it bothers me when DH says "reef" instead of "wreath."  But then it bothers him when I say "cav-nit" instead of "cabinet."

Oh, and I work in higher ed, where a previous poster's word (clusterfuck) is used to accurately describe most events we try to do.
  • Options
    evabeeevabee member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_words-hate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a6f80257-5b98-4827-9e7d-941bcba5525bPost:579770fa-34bd-4dc7-8a70-e96328afd09d">Re: Words you hate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I work in higher ed, where a previous poster's word (clusterfuck) is used to accurately describe most events we try to do.
    Posted by Kristin789[/QUOTE]

<div>I second that. I also embrace it.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Word I love? Nommies. I had never heard it before I met FI but he uses it to describe snacks and other foods. Also as an infinitive: to nom.</div><div>He said it's because it's the sound the cookie monster makes ("nom nom nom nom"), but I've heard other people tell me it's British or something.</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards