Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I'm feeling blue :( - NWR

So the other night I got a phone call from my dad.  He called to tell me my cousin was in the hospital.

Apparently she never showed up to work on Monday morning.  Seeing that it was very out of character her work friends were worried and kept calling her.  After not hearing from her they decided to go to her apartment and check on her.

Once they got there they found her on the ground unconscious.  Not only was she unconscious but had blood all over her face.  The ambulance came and brought her to the hospital and she stopped breathing, so they had to revive her.

Meanwhile her husband was brought to the police station for questioning because they were not sure if she had been attacked or not.  After some questioning he was cleared(he's a really nice guy so we knew he had not done anything) but still there were questions about what happened.

It turns out that she had a seizure.  She basically had a bunch of damage in the mouth area. I'm just so sad.  She is only 22 and she will now have to stay in the hospital for at least a month, while she gets many corrective surgeries.  I know that it could have been worse if those girls would not have gone to check on her but it's just awful.

I could really use some knottie vibes and t's and p's.  Thanks

Wedding Countdown Ticker
282image Invited to celebrate!
208image Will be Dancing the night away!
74image Won't be having any fun
0image are giving me a major headache

Re: I'm feeling blue :( - NWR

• Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Oh, Jill, that's horrible.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  Thank goodness your cousin's friends checked on her, they might have saved her life!

Sometimes people having seizures bite themselves, some people have bitten off their tongue, so I wouldn't necessarily "blame" the dog.  Not that that bit of information is helpful at this time, but I just wanted to defend the non-human.
  • Options
    aw, that's really sad. I'm sorry :( T&Ps to you and your family.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    T & P for your cousin.  So sorry to hear that, but thankful she is still alive!

My MOH was rushed to the hospital on Monday and had surgery this am to remove her gall bladder.  I saw her the day before and she seemed just fine. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-feeling-blue-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a846ccbb-a993-4c91-ae58-ba8dc47c01ccPost:ec06bbec-62e6-4cb2-8440-de9db78a4b49">Re: I'm feeling blue :( - NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Jill, that's horrible.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  Thank goodness your cousin's friends checked on her, they might have saved her life! Sometimes people having seizures bite themselves, some people have bitten off their tongue, so I wouldn't necessarily "blame" the dog.  Not that that bit of information is helpful at this time, but I just wanted to defend the non-human.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking this exact thing actually.<div>
    </div><div>T's and Ps!!!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-feeling-blue-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a846ccbb-a993-4c91-ae58-ba8dc47c01ccPost:ec06bbec-62e6-4cb2-8440-de9db78a4b49">Re: I'm feeling blue :( - NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, Jill, that's horrible.  My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  Thank goodness your cousin's friends checked on her, they might have saved her life! Sometimes people having seizures bite themselves, some people have bitten off their tongue, so I wouldn't necessarily "blame" the dog.  Not that that bit of information is helpful at this time, but I just wanted to defend the non-human.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

She definitely bit some of it herself but I guess a majority of it was from the dog.  At least that's what I have been hearing.  Who knows though.  She is stable but probably won't remember too much about the incident, therefore we may never know exactly what happened.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That is sad but disgusting.  I'm sorry, I hope she is ok and they figure out what caused the seizure. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to sound like an insensitive diick, and I do feel very badly for your friend, her family and you, but you should put some kind of warning about the content of this because the thought of a dog chewing off someone's lips makes me really nauseous and I'm not really that sensitive.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-feeling-blue-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a846ccbb-a993-4c91-ae58-ba8dc47c01ccPost:f66d28e3-ed00-4f1d-89da-f907fa38c2b5">Re: I'm feeling blue :( - NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to sound like an insensitive diick, and I do feel very badly for your friend, her family and you, but you should put some kind of warning about the content of this because the thought of a dog chewing off someone's lips makes me really nauseous and I'm not really that sensitive.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

You're right, I will fix the subject line.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I was thinking the same thing TR. I'm just going to assume that the damage was done during the seizure, not from the dog because I can't even think of that. 
  • Options
    :(  I'm really sorry.  Seizures are really scary, sometimes we just don't know what triggers them and a lot of people who suffer from seizures have varying reactions.  I hope your cousin is going to be all right in the end and that she gets the medical help she needs.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Sorry about your cousin :(

Why didn't her H bring her to the hospital sooner? Maybe I am missing part of the story and he was out of town or something?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-feeling-blue-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a846ccbb-a993-4c91-ae58-ba8dc47c01ccPost:68930f31-4fd9-41cf-b450-828459d5f891">Re: I'm feeling blue :( - NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry about your cousin :(.  Why didn't her H bring her to the hospital sooner? Maybe I am missing part of the story and he was out of town or something?
    Posted by SirJuliusVonHaast[/QUOTE]

He was actually at work.  She leave's for work later than him. 

Thanks for your t's and p's ladies, I'm very appreciative.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Did you edit the post then, because I'm seeing all these things about the dog but nothing in the post.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin.  She is definitely lucky to be alive though if she was by herself.  A girl I went to high school with had a seizure in her bathroom and hit her head as she fell down.  Since she lived by herself nobody found her for a while and she was already dead.  

I hope things go well for her and she gets better soon.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I did edit it, sorry.  It was too graphic before so I wanted to simplify it a bit so nobody would feel unfomfortable.

It is crazy because she has never had a seizure before.  It's just so scary and there are not too many mays you can prevent them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_im-feeling-blue-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a846ccbb-a993-4c91-ae58-ba8dc47c01ccPost:7d4ee85f-d400-4507-b354-47b424805b88">Re: I'm feeling blue :( - NWR</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I did edit it, sorry.  It was too graphic before so I wanted to simplify it a bit so nobody would feel unfomfortable. I<strong>t is crazy because she has never had a seizure before.  It's just so scary and there are not too many mays you can prevent them.</strong>
    Posted by jilld82[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>My Dad had a seizure so bad once he broke his back, and also kicked my mom across the room while she was trying to contain him. He'd never had a seizure before. Things just happen some times. But actually they have a lot of anit-seizure medicines now..as long as they're taken properly they do a lot in the prevention of seizures. </div><div>
    </div><div>T&Ps to your family!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards