Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

help me make dessert tonight

Hi. I lurk.

If you could have anything for dessert right now, what would it be?

I want to make something fun tonight, but I can't decide what. One of my best friends just finished a year of vet school and we're celebrating tonight. I'm pretty much an amateur, but I would love some ideas.

In case you're not already hungry, chocolate cupcakes:

I never really have time to post, but I do love some of the conversations on this board. I apologize for being creepy. I'll make up for it with pictures of my kitties:

This is Chewy

This is Skeeter with his favorite toy EVER.

They snuggle all day. Everyday.

Anniversary

Re: help me make dessert tonight

• Options
    That cuddling picture is adorable...

oh, and those cupcakes look great!  Cupcakes are never a bad option.  Ever.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cenglecengle member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    *Sigh* Now I want cupcakes. I think I hate you now.

Just kidding. Cupcakes are always a good option IMO. I'm craving chocolate chip cookies, so that's another possibility.

How fancy are you wanting to go here?
  • Options
    Hahaha, I love when lurkers come out and are all "I know, it's creepy that I lurk, but here, I'll make it up to you...look! cuddly animals!"

Those cupcakes look AWESOME.
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I know this is a tease post but I have a recipe at home for Butterfinger pie. It is so easy and yummy. It just has marshmallows, whipped cream, and butterfinger crushed on top of a graham cracker crust. Oh so sweet and sooooo good!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like to make chocolate cheesecake.  Basically it is the philadelphia creamcheese recipie, but after it is all mixed you stir in 1 bag of melted chocolate chips. 

Also the graham cracker crust can be replaced with crushed oreos and a few tablespoons of melted butter. 

It is always a huge hit. 

These are easy and cute too: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/mini-cheesecakes-i/Detail.aspx
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I want Butterfinger pie!  That sounds awesome!
    imageimage
  • Options
    homemade oreos!
    chocolate peanut butter something!  like pie or something.
    cookies with cookie cutters in the shapes of animals.
    chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter butter cream icing.
    cheesecake!

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    Something really easy and REALLY REALLY FREAKING DELICIOUS:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/warm-toasted-marshmallow-smores-bars/902bb288-e52b-4aba-a264-925d20f37d98

Seriously. You will not regret it.
  • Options
    Hmmmm...........chocolate............cupcakes..............nuff said!

Here is recipie for something yummy.........I cant remember what it is called, just how to make it LOL.

You need:

1 angel food cake - round one from a store bakery, or 2 loaf angel food cakes
    2 cans cherry pie filling
    1 12 oz tub of Cool Whip, thawed

Cut up the angel food cake into 1 in cubes/pieces.  Carefully mix with the cool whip.  Spread evenly into a 9x13 pan (regtangular cake pan), does not have to be perfect - it will be lumpy/bumpy.  Top with pie filling.  Chill in fridge at least an hour to firm up. 

Serve immediately after removing from the fridge.  You can either cut it into squares and dish out with a spatula or else just spoon it out.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Right now I really want a cupcake.  Darn you!

I made awesome red velvet whoopie pies for Easter.  The cocoa I used to make the cake part was really high quality, and you could taste the difference.  Yum yum yum. 
  • Options

I love your kitties, they're SO cute!

Your cupcakes look SO delicious and I want one. Please Fedex the whole box to my office tomorrow so I can eat them all day long.

Now I also want Smores - thanks musicalsunlight for that.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am now seriously considering going to Walmart afterwork to buy a box of chocolate cake mix so I can make cupcakes and put creamcheese icing on them.

I don't like you.

Just kidding.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    poached pears w/vanilla ic

take ripe pears.  peel and core (i like using bosc)
    Put 1 bottle of moscato d'asti (barefoot makes a cheap version) on the stove w/1 cup of sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1 cinnamon (sp?) stick
    stir until sugar dissolves.
    Simmer over low/med heat until begins to bubble.
    add pears.  lower heat to low.  leave them there for 20-30 minutes.
    serve over vanilla ic
  • Options
    How much time do you have to make dessert?  AATB's cake ball recipe is the most amazing thing in the world.  I have won things for these cake balls.  But you need time.  Or a good freezer. 
  • Options
    Super easy nutella brownies:
    http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/08/4-ingredients-nutella-brownies/
    (use muffin tin liners, or it gets messy)

My favorite chocolate cake recipe:
    http://www.kitchenetterestaurant.com/recipes.html#cake
    can be made as cupcakes, the frosting works well with a little kahlua
  • Options
    I knew I came to the right place. Sorry for teasing you with my cupcakes. Hehe.

Musicalsunlight - those look amazing. I've made smore brownies before that were pretty much the best thing ever.

Mel - only about 3 hours. But I would love to try them some other time.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I knew I shoulda skipped this post... damn you and your cupcakes!

LOL! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Arayx2Arayx2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Check these Red Velvet Cheesecake Pops.... They were posted on the DIY Board a few weeks ago and look sooooooooo good!

http://steamykitchen.com/14149-red-velvet-cheesecake-pops.html
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dessert-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:aa35139a-b2a3-4782-bab7-693a37a22af3Post:be79af41-29d8-4f4a-a8e2-1d8ed10ec0dc">Re: help me make dessert tonight</a>:
    [QUOTE] How fancy are you wanting to go here?
    Posted by cengle[/QUOTE]

I don't have a ton of time tonight. But fancy ideas for the future would be great if you have any!

I think the pears sound yummy.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dessert-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aa35139a-b2a3-4782-bab7-693a37a22af3Post:ef7e18a7-4251-4623-9a01-d6c95c6738d7">Re: help me make dessert tonight</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knew I came to the right place. Sorry for teasing you with my cupcakes. Hehe. Musicalsunlight - those look amazing. I've made smore brownies before that were pretty much the best thing ever. Mel - only about 3 hours. But I would love to try them some other time.
    Posted by lilyfish050[/QUOTE]

Okay.  For some other time, do this.  You will thank me and send me presents (which I won't share with AATB, even though I stole this from her)

Get a box of red velvet cake mix.  Make the cake. 

Put the cake in the fridge or freezer.  It must be fully cooled for the next step.

When cake is cooled, break it up in a bowl.  It should be naught but crumbles.

Mix in with the cake a container (16oz) of cream cheese frosting.  Mix until it looks like a crime scene.  It should be smooth, like batter, when you're done.

Roll the cake/frosting mix into meatball sized balls.  Put balls on waxed paper (you'll get between 50-60, depending on the size of your balls.  Yes, I said that.)

Now put these in the freezer.  These need to be REALLY cold. 

When they are REALLY cold, melt chocolate wafer or chocolate bark (I prefer the chocolate bark from wegmans because it melts easily and smoothly)

One at a time, drop the cake balls into the chocolate until they are coated with the chocolate. 

Spoon them out and put them on waxed paper.  (You can get fancy and drizzle other chocolates across it here...it's easy enough that I can do it, which means it's pretty easy)

Repeat until all balls are covered.

Put them in the fridge again. 

EAT. 
  • Options
    Yumm...this all is making me HUNGRY!!!

Good thing we're having dinner with the FIL's tonight...FMIL always makes yummy dessert :)

Speaking of which, she makes smores things from golden grahams, marshmallows and chocolate.  You follow the Rice Krispie recipie except you sub golden grahams for the Rice Krispies, then you mix in chocolate chips (I think she just eye-balls this until it looks like enough chocolate to her :) ).  You could also melt the chocolate first and then mix in with the marshmallow mix before adding the golden grahams for a more distributed chocolate flavor.  Both ways are delicious and super simple.

I found the recipie, but I like following the Rice Krispie recipie and then just adding the chocolate steps, etc. from the recipie below:

She uses semi-sweet instead of milk chocolate (I think it's better)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm seriously considering making a cheesecake. Possibly a chocolate one. Maybe even with an Oreo crust.

Thanks everyone, these are great ideas.

And HOLY BALLS. Thank you Mel (and AATB)! Those sound soooo good.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dessert-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:aa35139a-b2a3-4782-bab7-693a37a22af3Post:51281c03-6839-4ff0-b9ac-e791ca299c01">Re: help me make dessert tonight</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check these Red Velvet Cheesecake Pops.... They were posted on the DIY Board a few weeks ago and look sooooooooo good! <a href="http://steamykitchen.com/14149-red-velvet-cheesecake-pops.html" rel='nofollow'>http://steamykitchen.com/14149-red-velvet-cheesecake-pops.html</a>
    Posted by Arayx2[/QUOTE]

These sound amazing!! I'm also just a fan of cake pops in general!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards