Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Mornin' Eeners!

Re: Mornin' Eeners!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6ef2e4-3c3d-4f4a-9997-5b24a73af920Post:fa1ac770-ddf6-4ee8-bc75-ab0ec037896c">Re: Mornin' Eeners!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning ladies! I'm here, trying to figure out if I can use eggs that expired yesterday to bake cupcakes today. Hmm...
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

I say yes you can, if you make them today.  You'll cook the germs out.  Now if you waited a few days or a week, then no.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6ef2e4-3c3d-4f4a-9997-5b24a73af920Post:fa1ac770-ddf6-4ee8-bc75-ab0ec037896c">Re: Mornin' Eeners!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning ladies! I'm here, trying to figure out if I can use eggs that expired yesterday to bake cupcakes today. Hmm...
    Posted by scoetto[/QUOTE]

Drop them gently into a cup of water. If they float, they're bad! If they stay on the bottom, or rise very slightly, you can still use them.

• Options
    I've tried to reply twice. Anyway, good morning! J asked me to bake cupcakes today but the eggs expired yesterday. Can I still use them today or are they eggs - gone bad?
  • Options
    Good morning ladies! I'm here. The board was not as slow for me as home. Anyway, here's to a brand new day!
  • Options
    Sco - you did post that question already and two of us answered you!  :)
  • Options

So what you're sayin' here Dani, is that the Knot is serving drinks? I'm in. Can we do this for smilies?
    [:)]

Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Oh. So even with the error messages I got, my post still made it. Sorry for the double post. I'll go try it now :) Thanks!
  • Options
    I havnt been having a problem getting the new posts to show up on top, I havnt gotten any errors all mrning and its been relatively quick (compared to yesterday).
  • Options
    I haven't had any errors yet this morning.  Sco, if you get the big error screen, just hit your back button.  Yesterday when I would post, then get the big error, I would hit the back button and the post would reappear with my response in it.  So yeah I think it is posting your response even if you get the error.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6ef2e4-3c3d-4f4a-9997-5b24a73af920Post:9f6f88a5-f7ae-4426-a140-b58b349cd0bd">Re: Mornin' Eeners!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't had any errors yet this morning.  Sco, if you get the big error screen, just hit your back button.  Yesterday when I would post, then get the big error, I would hit the back button and the post would reappear with my response in it.  So yeah I think it is posting your response even if you get the error.
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]
    It is. When id get that error after posting,I would just click refresh and my post would be there.
  • Options
    Well, why does it hate me then.

The interwebz is testing my persistence. I'll show them....

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    I am finding that it's faster in Firefox.  Interesting...
  • Options
    I wasn't around yesterday during the big debut - sorry if I'm behind Tongue out

That smiley looks dirty.
  • Options
    Good Morning peeps!  I'm here -- trying to make nice.  Hope everything is good with all you.  Yes, happy that tomorrow is Friday!!!  Woot! Woot!
  • Options
    It's definitely still very slow for me. Agonizing. But I've only gotten one error message so far this morning.
  • Options
    Is there a way to tell who is logged ind and who isn't?  I don't see bubbles by anyones name anymore.

Dani, I'm on the IN board over on the nest and they have post counts under thier names.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good Morning Everyone!  I just ate a bagel and I'm still STARVING.  This stinks, I'll be breaking into my lunch before 10am. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mornin-eeners?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ac6ef2e4-3c3d-4f4a-9997-5b24a73af920Post:1e892df1-703f-4068-9a85-6ac059f8bd3d">Re: Mornin' Eeners!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a way to tell who is logged ind and who isn't?  I don't see bubbles by anyones name anymore. Dani, I'm on the IN board over on the nest and they have post counts under thier names.
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

They got rid of the bubble feature, so no there is no way to see who is online and who isn't.

Re: the post count on the Nest, I was just repeating what Annie told me. 
  • Options
    What about the thing in your edit profile that says 'allow people to see i'm online'?  What does that do?
  • Options
    Well, Annie needs to come up with excuses that are at LEAST true then. ;)

E, the person, would have hated the ridding of the bubble feature. :snicker:

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    [QUOTE]I am finding that it's faster in Firefox.  Interesting...
    Posted by kate51485[/QUOTE]

I am finding this as well.
  • Options
    Maybe Annie meant that when you join the Nest, your post count completely resets?

I know that the girls on my Nest club board have been racing like mad to achieve Bronze status. I'm still a noob.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2009

Me too!  Firefox is definitely faster!
  • Options
    Maybe Annie meant that when you join the Nest, your post count completely resets?

Oh yeah, I think that's right.  She said they were going to reset our post counts to zero but she fought for us to keep them so if some got lost in the transition, suck it up.  Sorry I misinterpreted it originally.  I don't go on the Nest so I don't know what they have and don't have.
  • Options
    It's also way faster if you block sigs. Just sayin'.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    Hehehe dani is being so sassy!
  • Options
    I really like that we can block sigs, but I can still figure out who people are due to the little picture to the left.
  • Options
    Gooood morning.

LtB - as far as the Bold/Unbold, it is working for me, however it's not like TheKnot where that feature would be linked with my s/n, regardless of what computer I'm on - now when I switch from work to home and vice versa, any posts that I read on the other computer are showing up as New posts.   And I've still have instances where I have read a post and it's not turning gray like it should.   But it was working for awhile last night.
  • Options
    Good morning, everyone! 

P.S.  I like feisty Dani!
  • Options
    Because it's not as wide as it was before, I think we should all come to a consensus to make our sig pics smaller.  A lot of people now can't abide by the 'fit in one screen' rule somebody suggested before....Mrs.B maybe?  I liked that idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards