Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Reception card wording

I was hoping you guys could help me with something... This is the wording I came up with for our reception card:
The pleasure of your company
Is requested
At the Reception
At 6 o'clock in the evening
Address

My FI didn't like how we had "at" repeating 2 lines in a row note reception is not immediately following the ceremony. He came up with this:
The pleasure of your company
Is requested
At the Reception
From 6 o'clock until midnight
Address

My question is:
Is it tacky/inappropriate/against etiquette to include the ending time of the reception? I have never seen it written on any invitations we have gotten, usually people either leave before the reception is over or you hear it by word of mouth as to when the ending time is. Is it wrong to have it written?
TIA
May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image

Re: Reception card wording

• Options
    I don't think it's wrong to have an ending time, but are you hosting your guests between the ceremony and reception?
  • Options
    We included the end time as well as the time frame that dinner is being served, on our reception cards.  But that's for cultural reasons.  I'm sure my family thought we went overboard with the information.

FI's family (Vietnamese), over Christmas, kept saying they'd go home after the ceremony, rest, change, and then get to the reception around 9.  Since it's scheduled to end at 9:30, we wanted them to have that information.  We also needed to let them know that if they arrive after 7:30, dinner will be over.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards