Wedding Etiquette Forum

I came across some bona fide BSfuckingC this weekend

Long and livejournaly.

I'm a BM for the first time in my life, for a friend from high school. Her little brother and my little brother were bffs. Then her little brother got killed in a car accident when they were in the 10th grade and she ended up being really close to my brother, because that was the best link to her brother, kwim? Anyway, we all went through it together and all ended up being really close as a result, so I'm in her wedding. I'm thrilled to do it for her, she's super sweet. Her B-party was this weekend, in Austin.

The bride's MOH is her first cousin. MOH is most definitley not fucking sane. She's a passive aggressive bully, and super controlling. And apparently has no social graces. We stayed at one of the other BM's house, who lives in Austin. First thing MOH says to BM when we get to her house is "Wow. Did you buy this house?" BM says yes, then MOH goes "Well, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it and how much is the note every month?" This is the first time MOH has met this poor girl. Then we're all sitting around talking before dinner and MOH goes "So I told the other girls not to get you (bride) anything, but I went ahead and got you something, here it is." Well thanks for making me look like an asshole there, buddy. I was relieved when she said we weren't going to get the bride any gifts, but if she wanted to, then she should have done that in private with the bride. Instead of making us all feel like jerks.

We go to dinner Saturday night, then out to a couple of bars after. We get ready to go home, so we get a cab. You can't put more than 4 people in a cab as per some Austin city ordinance, so since there are 5 of us, we have to take two cabs. 2 BMs take one cab. Bride, MOH, and I take another. We get in the cab and I'm giving the address to the driver, and all the sudden MOH jumps out of the cab. Bride and I look at eachother and are all wtf? So we get out. MOH is crying, screaming about Bride and me drinking too much, then says that Bride punched her in the face. I was sitting right there the whole time, and believe me, if that biitch had gotten punched in the face, my night would have been exponentially better than it was. Drinking or not, that's something I'd remember. It's also something the bride would never in a bazillion years ever do. Like ever. She's the sweetest person on the planet. So basically what happened is that the weekend was not about MOH, so MOH had to make it about herself by fabricating a ridiculous story to make the bride feel bad. I got so mad for the bride. The poor girl was crying and apologizing for drinking at her own b-party. I told MOH she was a condescending biitch and that if I didn't need a stepladder to do it, I'd ring her stringy fucking neck, (MOH is like way taller than me) and then followed the old adage, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," the rest of the weekend.

I'm really really worried about what kind of stunt MOH will come up with on the actual day of the wedding.
Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards