Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

sexy or supportive?

what type of undergarments are you planning to wear under your wedding gown? I have to figure this out soon since my first fitting is coming up in about a month.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
New Bio

Re: sexy or supportive?

• Options
    Supportive IS sexy.

There's nothing sexy about saggy boobs.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    I'm think something comfortable,but cute. Dont want anything riding up, not sure how to even remove a wedgie in a wedding gown.....lol. And saving the sexy for that night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had a long line bra underneath. By the time we got back to the hotel room Dh didn't care what was under the dress...;)
  • Options
    I'm wearing a long-line bra. And I'm tempted to stuff it just to fill out the top of my dress. No fancy stuff for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a lace, longline bra and cute blue underwear. They were cute, but not sexy. And not supportive because I didn't really need any support.
  • Options
    No bra due to the corseting in my dress.  It wasn't necessary and it was uncomfortable to wear one.

For undies - i bought cute VS pink ones that had a lace up back
  • Options
    CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    I haven't decided.  It depends on how much weight I'm able to lose between now and then.  (12 lbs. so far as of this week's WI, woo!  /aw)

I really hope I'm able to go with sexy, because I know it will be a huge confidence boost.  Dressing sexy = feeling sexy = being sexy (or, at least, not being horribly self-concious in pictures).

ETA: Cute works too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sexy-supportive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b07f2bb6-ae2e-4a5a-a7e7-a176d38e20dfPost:a63fa9f8-766e-4308-a095-3e1d5068c789">Re: sexy or supportive?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Supportive IS sexy. There's nothing sexy about saggy boobs.
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    oh congrats Celles on the weight loss, ya I lose about 3 lbs a month because of stress alone, more if i'm being good with what I eat and exercising regularly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    156image 108image 48image RSVP Due 5/18
    New Bio
  • Options
    Well I don't have much to support up top.  My dress has a built in bra though that did a great job on its own when I first tried it on.  When it's altered maybe I'll change my mind though, we'll see. 

I'm sure VS will have something sexy-cute to offer me to put on my bum :)
  • Options
    My input regarding feeling sexy...I felt incredibly sexy for the few hours in my dress. Towards the end of the night I felt hot (sweaty, not sexy), slightly uncomfortable and tired. It felt soooo good to get out of the dress and into pajamas (we had an after party) and then into nothing.
    Then I wore the fun sexy underthings during the honeymoon when I wouldn't have them on for 4+ hours prior to fun time.
  • Options
    I changed into sexy underwear when we got to the hotel room.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I have a problem with my thighs chafing when I wear skirts (and I definitely do not need to deal with that during our DW in Las Vegas) so I was planning on wearing the Spanx that come up to your bra and have shorts attached (I think they're called Higher Power?), but I've been thinking about the "garter" pics and I really don't wanna see my Spanx in them!

But then on the other hand, I don't want my legs to be raw and I hate regular/boy short underwear (I always wear thongs).

Has anyone wore a thong with your wedding dress?
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed, brie.  I wore a long line bra, and plain boy-shorts underwear that I already owned (which, by the way, is H's absolute favorite).  I was kind of sweaty and gross by the end of the night anyway.

But, since H was unconscious after the whole paramedics fiasco, it didn't matter because I clearly wasn't getting any anyway!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sexy-supportive?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b07f2bb6-ae2e-4a5a-a7e7-a176d38e20dfPost:6c66b269-6655-4ee4-b84b-81ed3e1f418b">Re: sexy or supportive?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a problem with my thighs chafing when I wear skirts (and I definitely do not need to deal with that during our DW in Las Vegas) so I was planning on wearing the Spanx that come up to your bra and have shorts attached (I think they're called Higher Power?), but I've been thinking about the "garter" pics and I really don't wanna see my Spanx in them! But then on the other hand, I don't want my legs to be raw and I hate regular/boy short underwear (I always wear thongs). Has anyone wore a thong with your wedding dress?
    Posted by SunnyCanadian[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem so I wore the long imitation spanx.

When we got to the hotel, I took a shower and changed into the sexy stuff.  After being dressed and dancing and all that for like 8 hours, I really wanted a shower!

Also, we didn't do the garter toss so I didn't have to worry about anything being seen in pictures.

All I know is I could NOT have been a happy camper if my thighs would have rubbed for 8 hours.

And I wore a regular bra that I bought just for my dress.
  • Options
    Go with something cute but comfortable. There is nothing sexy about a bride trying to hike up her dress or pull at her bra. You can always go with sexy once you get back to the hotel room after the reception!

Abbalish- I haven't been around long enough to know the back story to this, but that does not sound like a good end to the night!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Do Spanx count as sexy? If so the I guess I'm going the sexy route.
    Oh no we dropped the groom!! imagePlanning Bio UPDATED
  • Options
    I wore supportive stuff.

Once we got to the hotel room, he unlaced the back of my dress, but then I went to the bathroom to change into something steamier? Sexy? I feel silly saying that here, I don't know why.
  • Options
    I am a bigger girl, so I'm going with support. I will probably also wear spanx so I don't have to deal w/ the thigh thing either.
    planning

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards