North Carolina
Options

Thank you ettiquite?

OK, obviously I know it is important to send a personal thank you to everyone who gives you a gift (or attends) a shower. However, my aunts threw me a shower yesterday that was a church "drop in shower" at a church I do not attend, but my dads family does. Many people came that I do not know (which is very generous to me, to give a gift to someone you dont even know!) Many of them from my dads sunday school class. My question- is it appropriate to send a thank you to the church congregation? And then send a personal thank you to my aunts for hosting? Or should I try and track down all those people I don't know to send them a note?

Re: Thank you ettiquite?

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that it would be best to track down the people and write them personalized thank yous. You could always get your dad to deliver them to his sunday school class instead of getting their addresses. The only reason I think you should probably do this just because they weren't even invited/barely know you, but made a very nice gesture by giving you gifts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would still try and send individual notes.  Do your aunts have the shower invitation list?  I pulled all my names and addresses from there and it was a huge help!
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wish they had a list! They hung up flyers, and put it in the church bullitan, so their was no list :-( Thanks girls, I am going to do my best to write them all (and find their addresses, or give them to my dad to deliver)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to disagree with pp and say you could send a church-wide thank-you. People do that all the time at my church and I really don't think they expect a personal note. That's probably what I would do. If you wanted to go that extra step, maybe you could give them to your aunts to pass on for you?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards