Wedding Etiquette Forum

help! adult only wedding frustration

I'm trying to address the whole no kids thing tactfully has been I think the largest headache for my so far. FI is out of town for training(he's military) and my Mom is trying her best to be helpful but I'm still having to deal with it. right now I'm having kind of a dispute with FSIL, who I get along with fine, but her husband has 3 kids, 2 who live with them full time and while I love the kids I just don't have room to invite kids, because if I invite their kids, then I'd have to invite everyine elses or suffer the dramatic fallout; and inviting kids would basically double our guest list, and we just don't have room for it.my family isn't happy about the no kids thing but his family is really pushing it, and the funny thing about that is on his side it's all step kids, who have only been in the family for about a year and are all under 10. 3 are the FSIL's (she just got married in may) and 2 are FFIL's who was married last july.
I'm trying to figure out how to deal with this without losing my mind, but I need help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards