North Carolina
Options

Went to Men's Wearhouse...

Ok, so, just to clarify up front, my first choice for tuxes is definitely now MW, I know they are not the best for service. However, since my dad and brother are in other states, we needed to go with SOME kind of chain. Anyway, we went over to the one right outside of Northlake (in Charlotte), and the people who greeted us were SUPER nice, then they took us back to the tux lady... grr. :/ She just was NOT HELPFUL WHATSOEVER. First off, she was very hard to understand because she was foreign. Second, I had questions and all she pretty much did was tell us to look in the book. She just kept flipping through, saying what color vest? what kind of cufflinks? etc. When we got to what kind of collar shirt we wanted, i was like umm... i really dont know, what do most people get?? She had no clue. I wish we had gone to the one up in Concord, sometimes ppl up there can be a little friendlier and more helpful, I dunno. Kinda frustrating. Then, even though I told her we wanted to pick up FI's tux at the MW in Concord, she puts us down for Pineville. Sigh. So that all had to be corrected. Overall, not a wonderful experience. Not terrible but not "great"

Re: Went to Men's Wearhouse...

• Options
    gizmo91909gizmo91909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went through MW in Concord, and got the same as you described: "Look in the book and choose what you want". Not too helpful... but... we were content with the service and prices. They weren't rude or anything, just not super helpful. I think it's MW in general. Kind of disappointing. As you said though, they are the best if you have a bunch of people in other areas of the country.
  • Options
    KimmiD55KimmiD55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used MW in Northlake Mall, and they seemed to know what they were talking about!! Then when we were dealing with the Winston-Salem MW, one of the ladies there was a little grumpy, but other than that we had a really good experience! Just make sure you have a sewing kit the day of the wedding, we had a couple hems come out! At the end, the apologized and gave Ryan store credit for the price of one tux, so that at least helps a little...he can get some nice clothes out of the deal!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not disagreeing that MW might be a suitable option, but just FYI when you have people from all over, the local tux shops can handle that as well. I'm using Bedazzled in the mall in Gastonia. All we did was give the names of all of the guys, and they handed us sizing cards. We mail them to our guys (which are in Nebraska, Texas, Tennessee, and in all cities across NC), and they take them to local tux shops where they are to get measured, then call the measurements in. On Thursday or Friday before the wedding, they come pick up their tux. As long as they are here before 5:00 on Friday (which is the rehearsal time anyway), adjustments or reorders can be made. Simple as that. So, in case you are not happy with MW, or you want more personal service, the local shops can handle it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I let FI do this by himself. I was scared of that at first, but he took me over there on Monday and showed me what him and the boys picked out and I have to say, I am glad I didn't let this one make it on to my to-do list. Sorry you had such a bad experience!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's the same service we got in Raleigh. "Look  in the book, blah blah". It was okay, but I think for the price we paid the tuxes were terrible quality (looked okay, but material was thin for $150....it was a rip!). My dad went VIP Formalware and had great service and a great tux! Anyways, I think the experience at MW is the same everywhere! I didn't understand why they didn't have samples that the guys could try on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto keserzan, just b/c you have ppl. all over, doesn't mean you have to use a mass chain place. The little shops can handle it too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a really good experience with MW Tux by North Lake! That stinks that they weren't very helpful. We are going there today to change our vest color for our daddys so hopefully we will not have any trouble!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Whoops, I meant to say "not" instead of "now" my first choice for tuxes. I just expected a little more hand-holding I guess since we've never picked out tuxes before. I had to ask if they had samples in the store to see and feel, and only then did we get to see some. That particular person was just not very helpful, that's all. Plus they put FI in a size "small" vest. I have never seen him wear a small before, he's always a medium. It even LOOKED a little small on him, I meant to ask him if it felt small, so now I've got it in the back of my mind 'what if it's too small??' As for going with a local store, I looked into a shop nearby that Jess (Jemessica) recommended, however they are closed on Friday and Saturday! My parents arent flying in until late Thursday evening, so my father wouldnt be able to pick up his tux. Bedazzled sounds great but Gastonia is really not close at all, with all the running around we're going to be doing on the day before the wedding, I dont think there'd be time to go down to Gastonia and back. :/ There was one other local tux shop but the reviews online were pretty bad, so I was hesistant to use them. So MW it is. Im just hoping everything goes smoothly, that they get everything right, and at least FI's tux is free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards