Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sucrets & ricks

I know I'm late. I just saw the 2nd page of your post to allie. This is for you:

And Bravo on the post, sucrets!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Sucrets & ricks

• Love it!

Hmm, there is another sentence that I forget that always cracked me up.

Oh, and there's a Christmas chorus piece that explores the difference between "Throw the Yule Log On, Uncle John" and "Throw the Yule Log On Uncle John".  It's hysterical to perform it in a traditional concert setting.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Lets eat grandpa!!!
  • And this is why grammar and punctuation is so important.  Love it!
  • Has anyone read the book Eats Shoots and Leaves? It's awesome.  There's a good comma joke that the title is based on, but I always mess it up, so I have to copy and paste it:

A panda walks into a café. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then draws a gun and proceeds to fire it at the other patrons.

'Why?' asks the confused, surviving waiter amidst the carnage, as the panda makes towards the exit. The panda produces a badly punctuated wildlife manual and tosses it over his shoulder.

'Well, I'm a panda', he says, at the door. 'Look it up.'

The waiter turns to the relevant entry in the manual and, sure enough, finds an explanation. 'Panda. Large black-and-white bear-like mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves.'

Leo says hi. He's...special.
    Married
    Planning
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sucrets-ricks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b35d7011-0039-43ec-b131-ff180510e793Post:f7e562e7-2277-4ce2-aebc-b5ecd7a282c1">Re: Sucrets & ricks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love it! Hmm, there is another sentence that I forget that always cracked me up. Oh, and there's a Christmas chorus piece that explores the difference between "Throw the Yule Log On, Uncle John" and "Throw the Yule Log On Uncle John".  It's hysterical to perform it in a traditional concert setting.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

I love to hear that in a concert! Too funny!
  • TLV, that's hilarious! Another example of commas saving lives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards