North Carolina
Options

Hand Cancel?

Does anyone know of a post office in Raleigh with nice people that would be willing to hand cancel my stamp?  I'm thinking about going tomorrow sometime...

Re: Hand Cancel?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I took ours to our post office in Holly Springs, and they were nice enough to do it. Not sure of a location in Raleigh, though. Sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the one at Avent Ferry and Gorman.  It's in an older shopping center - there's a Hardee's and Jax's bar out front.  They were willing to do mine if I'd brought them into them, but in the end I just dropped them in the box over a weekend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the stupid question but what does 'hand cancelling' the stamp mean? lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The post office can use a hand stamp instead of a machine to "cancel" the stamp, which is I guess how the post office keeps people from reusing stamps.  It's a nice look and keeps the envelope from getting wrinkle and messy to some extent, although apparently the ink doesn't hold up well on metallic or glossy envelopes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that even with the hand canceling, the envelope will still have to go through a machine at some point anyway. I still did the hand canceling, though, but I probably wouldn't have even known about it had it not been for TK. ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've asked FI to take ours to Durham where we have a PO Box. He says the ladies there know him by first name so assuming he goes during a non-busy time, we should be in good shape.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    AnnaOHAnnaOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The post office at Crabtree hand cancelled our invites, no problem at all. Hand cancelling means you won't have the Post office ink stamp on your invitations. Makes for a much cleaner looking envelope.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I took our STDs to the Avent Ferry/Gorman post office.  I asked the lady nicely and although she was the only one there, she agreed to do it.  Turned out fine.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the post office on Beryl Rd near the Waffle House. The ladies were VERY nice and it's never too busy in there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The post office workers at Gor/avent ferry are very nice. I am sure they will take care of you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am with Katherine...i have never heard that either. Man, I am learning so much during this wedding planning process.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards