North Carolina
Options

And the menu is....

Mexican!FI has his heart set on a "build your own gourmet nachos" bar for the wedding so we decided to just do the whole thing Mexican.  Thank goodness I know everyone in my family loves Mexican food.  And the caterer we're using, one of his cooks makes the BEST. FAJITAS. EVER. omg.  I seriously have never had fajitas so mouthwateringly amazing in my life.What kind of food is everyone else serving at their reception?

Re: And the menu is....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum! My DH would love to be a guest at your wedding.Our menu didn't have a theme per se, but we did try to do some autumnal foods and flavors, such as butternut squash bisque with cinnamon creme as the first course.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum that sounds good. We didn't have a theme either, but the main dishes were cheese tortellini in a red vodka sauce with shrimp, pancetta and peas (SOOO yummy, wish I had some now!) , beef burgundy, and chicken marsala.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing food stations - a Southern station, a Mediterranean station, and a Mexican station (also my favorite).  We'll have some Indian touches throughout the weekend as FI is Indian (but our venue can't handle an all-out Indian buffet).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a "fall" theme too with our food :) It's a sit down dinner, the choices are 1) Chicken Marsala 2) Roasted pork tenderloin with an apple chutney sauce 3) Butternut squash ravioli (i TOTALLY stole the butternut squash idea from Jenn :) ), that'll be our vegetarian choice. Oh and I asked the chef if he could do a "fall" type salad, with mixed greens, pieces of pear, dried cranberries, gorgonzola cheese...
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love mexican! We are looking at options, we won't really have a theme with our food though. Lisa, the tortellini sounds delicious, so does your salad Katherine!
  • Options
    gizmo91909gizmo91909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds SOOOO good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum!!! I love mexican food!!!
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yum!!!  I love Mexican food so much!  I am a vegetarian so we only have one meat dish on our menu.  Our menu is as follows:  Parsnip Confit, Caramelized Onion Fresh Thyme and Gruyere Quiche Grilled Focaccia Crostini with Garlicky Roasted Red Peppers, Basil and Elodie Farms Goat Chevre Dinner Buffet with Service Fried Tofu with Slow Roasted Roma Tomatoes, Baby Artichokes and Local Bitter Greens Toasted Quinoa and Barley tossed with Pulled Slow-Cooked Chicken, Roasted Vegetables, Sage and Brown Butter Fried Green Tomatoes Layered with Camembert, Shaved Radishes, Cream and Toasted Almonds Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes Gnocchi with Roasted Corn, Spinach and Fresh Chiles Arugula Salad with Ricotta Salata, Pine Nuts, Citrus Vinaigrette and Pears Poached Asparagus marinated in Lemon-Shallot Vinaigrette
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mexican sounds good! Ours is fallish with a little southern twist: Lobster Tacos with Fresh Spinach, Pepper Jack Cheese, Lime Sour Cream and Voodoo Sauce – oh yeah, we only use fresh Maine Lobster to make these (chef on site needed) Southern Platter: "Devilish" Eggs, Asparagus Wrapped in Country Ham, Pimento Cheese & Crackers, Spicy Pecans, and Pickled Okra Shrimp & Grits -fresh shrimp, cooked with bacon, scallions, garlic and mushrooms On a bed of Southern Hominy Grits (no tomatoes) Duck and Duck Sausage with poultry reduction and Assorted Chutneys Potato & Corn Gratin Asparagus marinated in lemon vinaigrette Brussel Sprout Leaves Arugula salad with pears, pine nuts, ricotta salata And citrus vinaigrette
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lusher your menu is really creative!!! It really DOES have that cool Southern twist thing going on!! :)
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHA - Lusher - you can tell we are both using Durham Catering company
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum...this is making me hungry for lunch!  Katherine -- haha I promise I didn't copy you! For our cocktail hour we're doing fun fall things like butternut squash soup passed in painters pallets and we're also passing our signature drink which will be hot apple cider and rum.  For dinner, our entree options are filet w/ red wine demi-glace reduction; Chicken & Shrimp Dijon (not so fall-y but it was delicious); and Maple Bourbon Pork w/ a warm bourbon cherry, sage and apple cream sauce (my favorite)!
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The build your own nacho bar sounds like so much fun!  We are having a tropical/ hawaiian themed wedding.  So the food is going to reflect that.  Haven't picked a caterer yet.  That's in a few weeks. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grace- Are you having chef on site at yours? The fried green tomatoes make my mouth water, but I am guessing you needed a chef for that one. Let me know!
  • Options
    momofaydenmomofayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't as inventive as ya'lls. kindof jealous. Blackened bourbon carved beefStuffed chicken florentinegrilled mixed veggiesalmond ricestuffed BBQ pork potato skinscrab and spinich diphuge fruit displaywedding cupcakes and handmand popsicles by loccopops.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah he is soooooooooo excited about this nachos bar.  It's going to have stuff like NC BBQ and grilled chicken to put on top and something there to melt the cheese onto the nachos.  Yum!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards