Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Goodmorning?

Is anyone awake? How is your friday shaping up?

Re: Goodmorning?

• Options
    Morning...

I've been up since 6am.  Not even sure why. I have the day off, but the weather is not too great.  I think laundry and cleaning are on the agenda for the day.

Sounds like fun right?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm awake, although I had a really hard time getting out of bed this morning.  It was so warm and cozy.

I have a job interview today!  Wooohooo! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds similar to mine, I need to put away laundry and straighten up the house, as well as go to the gym. Super exciting!!
  • Options
    Oooh good luck dani!!
  • Options
    I didn't almost get hypothermima on my drive to work today.. which is always good. 40 degrees sounds beautiful.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck, Dani!!

I think I'm going to take the day off. It's been a horrible week and my mom came up last night, so we're going to go to coffee and talk smart.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Go you on the job interview!

I woke up at 11:00!  I was planning on doing laundry, but I need jeans for tomorrow and they will never dry in time (only line drying available).  So I've figured out the meals for the weekend and am getting ready to go shopping.
  • Options
    Morning everybody.

Good luck today, Dani!
  • Options
    Pffffft it was I say to today!  I got up early to go have breakfast with the H, then got read to meet with someone from HR at his company to see about getting a job.

She talked to me for all of 15 minutes.  It was almost $100 in cab fare to and from.  So not freaking worth it.  I was PISSED.

So, I came back and decided a little retail therapy was in order.  You can read about that adventure in my European sizing post.  Fvckers. 

BUT!  I found a sofa that I looooooooove which made me happy.
  • Options
    Ohh good reminder aMrs, I need to do up a grocery list because we need shopping done tonight.

Its quite mild here today, its been above freezing for the past 2 days and supposed to stay that way for the next week, half the snow has already melted.
  • Options
    $100 for cab fare?!  Holy moly.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes!

• Options
    Morning! I think I woke up with pink eye and a throat thing. I'm debating if I call in and wait on a doctor's appointment or go to work and then leave. Last time I had pink eye I worked at a restaurant, so working was an obvious huge no-no. I don't know if it's as big a deal in an office. Thoughts?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Good Morning, sunshine.  You weren't kidding about being up early. ;)

I'm good so far - bunch of stuff to take care of (almost none of it work-related), but today's payday.  Happy to have my bank account replenished, but sad to see all the money going bye-bye.  Oh well.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:7f04ed78-b952-494a-8059-d18cb2de8c1f">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]$100 for cab fare?!  Holy moly. Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes!
    Posted by danieliza1127[/QUOTE]

Well,, that's the converted to dollars rate.  It was less than that in euros/kronors

I meant to wish you luck in my original post Dani.  GOOOOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:ca98c3f6-95a5-4f80-898b-9c6d4ef4e8e7">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I think I woke up with pink eye and a throat thing. I'm debating if I call in and wait on a doctor's appointment or go to work and then leave. Last time I had pink eye I worked at a restaurant, so working was an obvious huge no-no. I don't know if it's as big a deal in an office. Thoughts?
    Posted by brookelynpaisley[/QUOTE]

Pink eye is a no no any time.
  • Options
    Good morning.  I'm here, working.  TGIF.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    pink eye = stay home. 
  • Options
    Yeah ditto Amoro, don't go to work with pink eye.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:ca98c3f6-95a5-4f80-898b-9c6d4ef4e8e7">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I think I woke up with pink eye and a throat thing. I'm debating if I call in and wait on a doctor's appointment or go to work and then leave. Last time I had pink eye I worked at a restaurant, so working was an obvious huge no-no. I don't know if it's as big a deal in an office. Thoughts?
    Its pretty contagious so I would run it past the boss but you should really stay home.
  • Options
    Good morning!

Brooke - Don't go in. It's highly contageous. I hate that for you. Pink eye sucks so bad. I pretty much know that I'm going to get it after each job fair that I go to. I hate it.
  • Options
    Brooke, don't do it.  Not good.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:566cc1d9-19b6-4589-8606-4d112112aaff">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! Brooke - Don't go in. It's highly contageous. I hate that for you. Pink eye sucks so bad. <strong>I pretty much know that I'm going to get it after each job fair that I go to</strong>. I hate it.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    Ewwww! stop butt to eye touching cew.
  • Options
    Good morning. I'm here a but early because I had to drive B to work since his truck's in the shop. I'm also leaving a little early because we're having people over and I want ample time to prep before they come over.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:73cd7af6-fb2f-41b7-a8a0-0100ae0442ed">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]pink eye = stay home. 
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I feel like a wuss for calling in and not being <em>sick</em>, but I'd be pissed if I caught it from someone else who decided it was no biggie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:879d7551-7ad5-40bb-9e7b-ed90268e79a0">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodmorning? : Ewwww! stop butt to eye touching cew.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I know. I try. Everytime I say I'm not going to, but I just can't help myself.
  • Options
    Well cew, at least we know youre thorough about checking references.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:9f208c3c-6e4a-4c17-8773-9cf6bab47f29">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Goodmorning? : That's what I was thinking. I feel like a wuss for calling in and not being sick , but I'd be pissed if I caught it from someone else who decided it was no biggie.
    Yeah, I'd be pretty pissed, too. If I even suspect one of my students has it, I kick 'em out. I get pinkeye if someone looks at me hard. It sucks bigtime.

Dani, good luck today!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_goodmorning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:b464a899-9524-4163-bde5-63f98829a416Post:693a9ee2-a1da-41ad-bfa2-2c37a9550915">Re: Goodmorning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well cew, at least we know youre thorough about checking references.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

hahaha

Cew, where ya' been?  How's NC treating you?
  • Options
    Hi Capri! Stupid fuucking work has been keeping me from properly knotting  this week. I miss you ladies! NC is great. Just really cold. I wore a short sleeve shirt today in hopes that I could influence the weather. How are you?
  • Options
    Wohoo!  H is on watch tonight.  I am off the hook for dinner!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards