Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Parties?

Is it ok to invite someone to an Engagement Party, but not the wedding itself? We are having a small wedding but want to have a gathering for all our friends? What are the rules there?

Re: Parties?

• Options
    Nope, sorry.  Pre-wedding functions are for guests being invited to the wedding only.  Especially an engagement party.  It would seem awfully awkward and strange to have people celebrating your engagement and talking about your upcoming wedding when they aren't even invited to the wedding.
    Photobucket OMG...I'm MARRIED! :)
  • Options
    I think anyone who is invited to any pre-wedding parties should be invited to the wedding.
    some MOH love! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

yep, im even trying to avoid talking about my upcoming wedding at non wedding related parties where non-guests are there. i dont want anyone to assume theyre invited.

if you want to party with everyone, consider doing a reception a few weeks after the wedding, to celebrate. (but no gifts)

10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    nope, not ok. very rude, in fact. It just makes you look gift grabby.
  • Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    Nope.

And technically you shouldn't throw your own e-party.  It's something thrown for you but not buy you.

If you want to throw a party just have one - but don't call it an engagement party.

And don't have a post-wedding reception for people that weren't invited to the wedding either.  That's also going into the rude territory.
  • Options
    No, that is rude.  Your guests would be really offended if they were invited to the party but not the wedding.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards