Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Thanks

Hi all,
I have been lurking for a while on these boards and just wanted to say hi, and that I appreciate all of the etiquette advice. I've learned a lot from you girls as I've gone through the planning process, even if you never knew it. So thank you. There were so many situations and questions that I read about in this forum a year ago when I began planning that I thought would never apply to me in a million years, but they have. :) You girls have given me some great perspective to think about in addressing these questions. Now we're down to about four months until the big day and I can't wait!

Re: Thanks

• Options
    Amen. I was so grateful to know how to handle certain situations, and especially to learn to prioritize the aspects of our wedding that were important to us. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thanks-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b625d540-d8e1-446c-a86c-e5000efbc406Post:5533a84a-679e-44be-9243-b46664ddb0fb">Re: Thanks</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amen. I was so grateful to know how to handle certain situations, and especially to learn to prioritize the aspects of our wedding that were important to us. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

Yes, prioritizing is the key. I am very lucky that I have a great FI as well who made the planning process an awful lot of fun. :) And great, very supprotive families on both sides. What was your wedding like?
  • Options
    I like to think it was casually elegant. We did a morning ceremony and lunch reception, string trio for music, cupcakes instead of cake. It was really nice just getting married, having lunch with people we cared about, and then everyone getting on with their day. Then we went out later for an after party. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_thanks-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:b625d540-d8e1-446c-a86c-e5000efbc406Post:53f224f6-970f-4ce2-873b-9858f6089006">Re: Thanks</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like to think it was casually elegant. We did a morning ceremony and lunch reception, string trio for music, cupcakes instead of cake. It was really nice just getting married, having lunch with people we cared about, and then everyone getting on with their day. Then we went out later for an after party. 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

The background in your photo looks beautiful...where did you guys get married?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards