North Carolina
Options

Dress Opinions Please!

Hi girls, I hope you're all having fabulous weekends! Another work week starts tomorrow.. boo! Well, I went dress shopping again this weekend. I was hoping NOT to find anything new, so that I would be convinced that the dress I like is the one. But instead, I found two more really great dresses. So, I'd like some input from you guys. I posted details about the dresses and pictures in my blog. I know that everyone has different preferences, but maybe we will hit some kind of revelation! The three dresses are: * Paloma Blanca - # 3953 * Elma Reis - 1915 * Augusta Jones - Sterling Let me know what you think! I know that I would be happy with any one of them, I just am having a terrible time deciding!!

Re: Dress Opinions Please!

• Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ps. the direct link to the post is: [url]<a href="http://soontobemcgee.blogspot.com/2009/08/dress-search-update.html" rel='nofollow'>http://soontobemcgee.blogspot.com/2009/08/dress-search-update.html</a> [/url]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, they're all beautiful. I like them in the following order: #2, #1, and #3.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In order of my personal preference:1) Augusta Jones - I really really loved Sterling and wanted to go try it on until I tried on the MS that I ordered. Still, it's a GORGEOUS dress in my opinion.2) Elma Reis - I love the lace details and the luxurious fabric. Considering the price though, I'd go with the AJ. 3) Paloma Blanca - Very pretty dress but I just don't know about the mermaid + empire waist look. I guess because I could have never pulled it off, but if you can then go for it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, it's really hard to say without seeing the dresses on you (since they can look amazing on the model and just not look right on you), but I like them in this order: 3, 1, 2. I'm not crazy about the big sash on the second one... third one is gorgeous, and so is the first one. :) Hard choice!
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can see why you're having a difficult time choosing, they are all beautiful dresses. I'm with Katherine on the big sash on number 2, I do think it would look better tied in the back though. I think I would put them in this order: 3, 1, 2. GL deciding!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that it would be better to make recommendations if we could actually see you in the dresses. But, just based on my personal preferences....#3-This is my favorite because I like the silhouette & I think that if a dress has lace on it, it looks better when it's all over instead of just on certain spots.#2-Again, I prefer this silhouette & I actually like the sash with this dress.#1-I don't really like the mermaid/fit-and-flare style of dresses. But it could look great on you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like them in order of 1,2,3. The first gown I picked out was like 2, but when I went back a few months later I tried on one just like 1, and that was it. So 1 is my vote!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    swimher14swimher14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like them in order of 3, 2, 1. But like pp's said, it'd be really good if we could see pics of you in them.
  • Options
    elisab81elisab81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the order i would choose.... 2,1,3 i love the feel of the second one, very princess like...and since you can change the sash that is awsome (the one on it is not so awesome :) )....first one is gorgeous as well!  GOOD LUCK!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #3!  After that, I'd vote #2, then #1 but both are distant to #3. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh this is so hard, they are all gorgeous. but I think lots of people are going to vote based on what they like and would want, so i think as others said you need pics of you in them. My order1 (b/c I love the mermaid look and the style is soo pretty), 2 (but it def needs a different color sash), 3 (I like this one, all the lace is really pretty) ahh its hard for me to pick for you, i imagine how hard its for you. I think I would stick to number one, you fell in love with it for a reason. but i don't know hahah good luck!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all of your comments! I will be deciding in the next week or so. Right now I'm still leaning towards 1, just because it's exactly what I envisioned from the beginning and it's my MOH's and my sister's absolute favorite! Gahh, they are all amazing :) I'll keep you updated!!
  • Options
    allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I'm wrong, but just reading what you wrote about each dress it sounds like it's between #1 & #2. You wrote that number 3 "was a contender" while you wrote about loving #1 & #2. I don't know, but it just seemed like you were more excited about the first two. I like them both! I'm sure you'll make a great decision and whatever you choose will be gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow Meredith, these are all gorgeous!  I personally prefer #3 but I agree with Allison that it sounds like you are leaning towards 1 and 2 as your top choices.  That being said, I like #2 but I'm not crazy about that sash color. Good luck! Let us know what you decide - if you have any pictures of YOU in the dress, we'd love to see them!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    alliegator8alliegator8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Meredith, You picked some beautiful dresses! I personally like #3 the best, then 2 and 1. #3 is so simple yet elegant (it's kind of the look I am going for). Good luck!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'd say that 3 is a little bit behind 1 and 2 in my mind. But, its just because it's a little bit more 'flashy' than I was expecting, hehe. I WISH that I had pictures... grr, I found these dresses at places where they do NOT allow pics at all.... and no chance at sneaking one, hehe! So, I'll probably be making a few more trips before I decide. BUT, I promise that I'll post a pic of the dress once I order *it*, because they had better let me take pictures if I buy it! haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, congrats, Meredith!  Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong...they are all beautiful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry im chiming in a little late....stupid work computer wouldnt let me see them today but i like 1....3.....2 im not a sucker for bows and sashes but i love lace....... whichever you chose will look great, they are all beautiful dresses :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards