Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

20/20 - Wedding Confidential

Anyone else watching this? Apparently it's supposed to tell brides how to save money on their weddings. As of right now though it's mostly talking about wedding disasters.

FYI their advice to brides with disasters on their wedding days? Stay calm, remember the day is about love.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 

Re: 20/20 - Wedding Confidential

• Options
    Omg. The bride who pretended to have cancer to trick her baby daddy to marry her. People felt bad and basically donated a wedding and honeymoon. Wow.
  • Options
    I know!! I can't believe she did that! And she's talking about it so calmly, on TELEVISION. You would think that she would be sufficiently shamed and not want to talk to the media anymore.
  • Options
    Exactly. I'm glad they aren't together anymore. I can't imagine living a lie like that. Thanks for posting this! I turned to it because of your post. I love specials like this.
  • Options
    SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2013
    NP! Haha, I'm actually excited to watch this 'Groomzilla' segment!
  • Options
    OMG this biiitch is having 3 weddings and 10 dresses!? 
  • Options
    Cancer btch made me want to vomit. How could her husband still want to be with her after she tricked him into marriage, lied to him, their family and friends and hoaxed an entire community? No thank you.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    This couple who never kissed/hugged/anything before they got married is so much better than that couple on "The Virgin Diaries". I can't even imagine never even "front hugging" my FI before we get married.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_2020-wedding-confidential?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:badd1030-cb4d-40d1-991e-a0a3981dfd88Post:252bfa9f-fcb6-4a63-9ee5-55b94715c2b3">Re:20/20 Wedding Confidential</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg. The bride who pretended to have cancer to trick her baby daddy to marry her. People felt bad and basically donated a wedding and honeymoon. Wow.
    Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

This!  I was appalled watching their story.  Shame on her!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG, I know! The never kissing before marriage was crazy enough for me but side hugging? For real? Makes me wonder what kind of church they belonged to that frowned upon frontal hugs. WWJD? Apparently not give frontal hugs.
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The segment about vendors jacking up prices as soon as the word "wedding" is mentioned isn't really ground-breaking news. I've heard stories about people not saying that their event was a wedding and the vendors charged them extra after the fact for being "dishonest". 
  • Options
    In Response to Re:20/20 Wedding Confidential:[QUOTE]GoofyAssChick, the Duggars belong to that church, too.nbsp; Josh and Anna Duggar never kissed or hugged prior to their marriage, and all their dates were chaperoned.Not for me. Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

It's not any type of specific church. There are tons of different denominations that teach this, but don't require it. It's merely a suggestion on how to maintain proper boundaries so you don't tempt each other and end up doing something you regret. Defrauding each other is a sin and courting with proper supervision and rules are in place to prevent that.

I'm an Evangelical Christian and attended many youth rallies and seminars that teach it. It's not for everyone that's for sure and it definitely wasn't for me and FI. We are waiting for our wedding night to have sex, but we definitely kiss and hug each other.
  • Options
    My brother and sisterinlaw waited to have sex until marriage. And I remember him confessing to me numerous times how hard that commitment was for them. And in the months leading up to the vows, they also wouldn't kiss anymore to avoid the temptation. I just can't imagine not being able to experience a long embrace where you find just that right spot on a man's chest where it makes you feel like your head belongs there. Everyone is different in this world. And somehow I am just mystified of the differences.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:20/20 Wedding Confidential:[QUOTE]My brother and sisterinlaw waited to have sex until marriage. And I remember him confessing to me numerous times how hard that commitment was for them. And in the months leading up to the vows, they also wouldn't kiss anymore to avoid the temptation.

I just can't imagine not being able to experience a long embrace where you find just that right spot on a man's chest where it makes you feel like your head belongs there. Everyone is different in this world. And somehow I am just mystified of the differences. Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

It's incredibly difficult, especially since neither of us is a virgin. We got engaged quickly and made that commitment to each other. It just makes it that much more special to experience it when finally married.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_2020-wedding-confidential?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:badd1030-cb4d-40d1-991e-a0a3981dfd88Post:252bfa9f-fcb6-4a63-9ee5-55b94715c2b3">Re:20/20 Wedding Confidential</a>:
    [QUOTE]Omg. The bride who pretended to have cancer to trick her baby daddy to marry her. People felt bad and basically donated a wedding and honeymoon. Wow.
    Posted by Sharpschruter22[/QUOTE]

who does that? people like that make me sick! it's people who abuse the system anf get government assistance. my FI's daughter's mother does and it makes me SICK.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards