Wedding Etiquette Forum

Irrational Irritations

13»

Re: Irrational Irritations

• I've met a Stasha (i could be spelling that wrong) and I thought it was a cool name.  I feel that if I never met her yeah I would have a hard time pronouncing it but after a couple years... come on now. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I also don't like when other women don't understand the shopping code of space. Example: It won't be busy in a department store but the minute a someone sees what you're looking at on a rack they run to that rack and start looking for their size too. This annoys me becuase 1) they most likely didn't even want what you were looking at until they saw you looking at it and 2) personal space.
    It's like just give me one freakin minute until I'm done and the rack is all yours. Sheesh.

• I make my own potato chips, because of an iodine allergy.  Yesterday I went to get my chips, and the container was gone.  It wasn't empty, it was gone.  Apparently, after getting drunk, Sugar and his brother decided to eat my chips.  There were two bags of other chips, why mine?  Then I found out that the container was at BIL's house because he needed it.  So he stole my chips AND my good tupperwear.

The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb11c503-2470-4790-aa34-f698178b373ePost:6d6a605e-7950-4e02-be7b-1fc3557e1adb">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I make my own potato chips, because of an iodine allergy.  Yesterday I went to get my chips, and the container was gone.  It wasn't empty, it was gone.  Apparently, after getting drunk, Sugar and his brother decided to eat my chips.  There were two bags of other chips, why mine?  Then I found out that the container was at BIL's house because he needed it.  <strong>So he stole my chips AND my good tupperwear</strong>.
    Posted by amber2123[/QUOTE]

<div>Not cool. Not cool at all.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Now I'm irrationally irritated that the song "Pour Some Sugar on Me" is in my head.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb11c503-2470-4790-aa34-f698178b373ePost:0236d738-e11c-43da-9d31-5d4344557965">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sugar?
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Yes, this. Did your dog steal your iodine-free chips? Dogs don't care about iodine.
  • cfas - you'd hate going to dinner with me.  I only eat chicken (no other meat) and can't have dairy or anything fried.  I'm buckets of fun at an Italian resturant.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amber2123amber2123 member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Sugar is what I call my FI.

And ordering what's not on the menu used to bother me, but then we went to a restaurant with Jamie and all he wanted was grilled cheese...well they didn't have that on the menu, not even the kid's.  So we asked if the chef could make him one.
    The last flower to bloom is often the most beautiful Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritations : The dealership where I got my Jeep will call with messages from my uncle (he's the general manager), and when you answer it says "while you were away we recorded this message..."  I'm not away, I answered the phone. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]
    Piggybacking on that, the calls where I pick up and hear "This was a call from [so and so] for telemarketing purposes". And THAT'S IT. It's like "um... okay, and I'm supposed to do.... what".

Also, the sound of a dog licking. Not just like licking your hand once or something. When they really go to town on their crotch, a spot on their skin, their paw, their chops after eating or when they're hungry, whatever. I love dogs but that sound grosses me out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb11c503-2470-4790-aa34-f698178b373ePost:804b6065-29b1-4c52-a289-f557de4ca34d">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Irrational Irritations : I think this is a bad thing to do with kids.  To me, kids need to learn to eat what they are served, especially in a restaurant where there are a lot of choices.  You either eat what is available or you don't eat. 
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Kiki- I see where you're coming from, and that's something I plan on teaching him when he's older.  But right now he's only 21m, so the fact that he told us what he wanted, which we've been working on, is a big deal.
  • I don't have any irratitional irritations at the moment, but I'll second the calling strangers phobia.  I worked as a receptionist in high school. Bad choice.
  • OMG that chocolate lab (right?) puppy is TOO cute.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Thanks! That's KC. I love her!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb11c503-2470-4790-aa34-f698178b373ePost:b0c07429-4452-4a6a-bfe7-58d01b506c8c">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kiki- I see where you're coming from, and that's something I plan on teaching him when he's older.  But right now he's only 21m, so the fact that he told us what he wanted, which we've been working on, is a big deal.
    Posted by amber2123[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I still think it's annoying. Great that your parenting is paying off, but why should a restaurant have to make special arrangements?

Also, I now really want a grilled cheese with cheddar on sourdough, neither of which I can get here. Damn.
  • I get irritated when some of my heavy-footed coworkers walk by my desk. They are the same guys who smoke, are well over 6ft tall and 200+ pounds and they stomp their fricking feet when they walk. My whole desk shakes and they are constantly walking past me to go outside to smoke. Grrr...

I'm irrationally irritated that amber refers to her FI as "sugar" on a message board. Gag.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • sap, you may want to think about taking your husband's full name out of your signature.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_irrational-irritations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb11c503-2470-4790-aa34-f698178b373ePost:d6a3ae09-d128-4043-8f00-35a5deaca8da">Re: Irrational Irritations</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate it when my H gets up before I do and turns on the lights and is loud.  Mostly I hate it because he gets sooo mad when I do it.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

This was FI until I told him to stop.  I mean, I work until 11:30 on Friday nights and get home at 12:30-1am depending on traffic.  I do not want to be wakened by the coffee grinder at 5:30.  Grind the effing coffee before you go to bed.

We're going to struggle with this.   He's a stinking morning person and I like to sleep late (if you call 7 late)  I guess that marriage is all about compromise and this will be a biggie...
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards