Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friday!

Re: Friday!

• In Response to Re:Friday!:[QUOTE]That's a lot to ask of TK IT, TR.nbsp; Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

I know. I should just shut my mouth or the whole thing might blow up.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Good morning!  The apartment is FINALLY clean (baseboards included) and MOH arrives this evening. 

One of the cats is acting up.  She threw up in FI's man cave before I got home (it was "fresh" if you will) and then threw up on my favorite J. Crew flip flops while I was in the shower.  I had just busted those puppies out, too!  4:58am- barfed in the bedroom.  She does this every once in a while, and I'm hoping when I drop $500 on Wednesday to have her teeth cleaned that she will chew her food better and not ralph all over the place. 

I cant wait to drink Skinnygirl Cosmos tonight and go wedding shopping with MOH tomorrow!

(Also, anyone who saw my post about MOH and dinner yesterday- apparently she "didnt mean to eat in DC the city" so we've planned to try a new Mexican restaurant near my apartment that has gotten excellent review on Yelp)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to Re:Friday!:[QUOTE]Sweet Jesus, one of my clients is KILLING ME.nbsp; I've called them every day this week and at least a couple of times last week.nbsp; Send me your application!nbsp; They have zero sense of urgency. Posted by adamar15[/QUOTE]

Sounds like every one of the students I work with!
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • GGood morning!  I'm here, I was just caught up in checking my brackets this morning for March Madness.

TGIF!  This week  feels like it has taken FOREVER!  FI and I are having a date night tonight.  We'll probably just do dinner and a movie from redbox.  
    Tomorrow, I've got to go to a friend's bridal shower.  Then I'm visiting with my brother (he's home for spring break) and we will be watching the Ohio State basketball game vs. Gonzaga.

None of my bosses are in the office today.  I have a feeling I'm going to be SUPER bored today.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Morning! I'm glad the week is over. I should probably do some spring cleaning this weekend but I probably wont. I can never get around to serious cleaning unless H is out of town or I have a three day weekend. 

Also, I'm wearing sandals for the first time this year and they are hurting my toes Cry
    Photobucket
  • That's good about the eating out Button. My cat has that problem too. The vet prescribed him some medicine for it. Not only does he enjoy eating it, it works well. I hope you kitty feels better.

Meg - Even though my shower isn't until April, I already have a few to write. One of my aunts and her daughters/daughters-in-law can't make it and sent a joint gift card to my house for BB&B.
  • I posted a WR question.  Someone answer me damnit!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good Morning!

My wedding dress came in last night, plus we got our STDs in the mail this morning.  I feel extra productive.

I stayed up way too late last night watching the ISU/UConn game and I'm paying for it this morning.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    OK the morning thread can't be dead already.  Come on people.  Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?  Any fun St. Patrick's day stuff?  We might still go out to the pub by our house since the cruise doesn't leave until the afternoon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • St Patty's isn't as big here... so I'm going for a saturday hack with friends and drinking green beer.  And for those not horsey people, a hack is a ride in the bush or down the street or something.  Kinda like a trail ride. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Adamar, that sounds like a great way to start off your vacation!

Habs, that sounds really fun!  I took a riding class in college.  I loved it!  My mom used to have horses as a kid, I wish she would have gotten me into riding as a youngster.
  • I am also surprised the thread has died so quickly.  Too many WR threads going on out there.

I've already posted about my St. Pat's plans.  I don't want to inundate Eagles with too much St. Patty's talk :D

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• I have no St. Patty's Day plans. I'm just planning on vegging this weekend. 

Anyone have a Verizon iPhone? I'm debating on getting one, wondering how the service is. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb8cf309-baa7-421e-95b0-15a33c3bba52Post:4b722fc0-1d1e-459b-8737-c660544eed02">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just fell asleep at my desk.  
    Posted by Beaniebeach[/QUOTE]

::snort::  I've nodded off before, and jerked back awake.  Oops!  Not since I got the ball, though.  It would be dangerous to fall asleep on this thing.

Jwed, I keep going back and forth on whether I want to upgrade to an iphone.  I'm scared I'll hate it after having a droid.  I know a couple people with Verizon iphones, and I haven't heard of any issues.

• I have the verizon iphone.  I love it!  I never have any problems with it or reception.  Also, the only difference between the Verizon iphone and the ATT iphone is that you can take a call and use data on ATT.  I have NEVER had an instance where I needed to do this.  

I work at a tech company and almost all of the people I work with have an iphone.  It is just more reliable than the Droid has been (many people switched to the iphone from droid after the iphone 4 came out.)
  • I currently have a "dumb phone" as FI calls it. I'm also assuming my inner cheapskate is coming out, it seems a little ridiculous to spend like $100/month on a phone plan. And I keep having a mini freakout about if I went over the data plan allowance

But I'd love having access to my e-mail, and there are a few aps I'd like to have. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My Friend has the iPhone with Verizon and she loves it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb8cf309-baa7-421e-95b0-15a33c3bba52Post:035db336-75d2-4e55-9e1c-e905b9fdc511">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I currently have a "dumb phone" as FI calls it. I'm also assuming my inner cheapskate is coming out, it seems a little ridiculous to spend like $100/month on a phone plan. And I keep having a mini freakout about if I went over the data plan allowance But I'd love having access to my e-mail, and there are a few aps I'd like to have. 
    Posted by josephwedding[/QUOTE]

Yeah I cannot believe how much FI and I spend, it's so ridiculous.
  • I have a Verizon iPhone and I'm happy with it. Verizon is a shiit company and I hate them, but I think all cell phone companies are probably the same so I deal with it. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb8cf309-baa7-421e-95b0-15a33c3bba52Post:035db336-75d2-4e55-9e1c-e905b9fdc511">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I currently have a "dumb phone" as FI calls it. I'm also assuming my inner cheapskate is coming out, <strong>it seems a little ridiculous to spend like $100/month on a phone plan. </strong>And I keep having a mini freakout about if I went over the data plan allowance But I'd love having access to my e-mail, and there are a few aps I'd like to have. 
    Posted by josephwedding[/QUOTE]

I just paid our bill this morning, and I thought "I can't believe we pay this much for cell phones."  It's crazy.

• Joe, if it helps you feel better, H and both have smartphones through Verizon (he has a Droid Bionic and I have a Samsung Stratosphere) and we NEVER go over our data limits each month.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• FI has the Verizon iPhone and I, oh I mean he, loves it. I tend to steal it when he's driving and play games on it. I can't wait to have my own. His service is normally way better than mine.

FI and I (and possibly FILs) are going to the Moerlein Laguer house tomorrow afternoon for St. Patty's. It's the new place in town but FI has reservations!
  • I just made a really high-pitched squeak saying ok.  That was awkward.

• jwed-
    I had a blackberry before my iphone, so I was grandfathered in to the unlimited data.  I'm going to be paranoid about data when I'm no longer on unlimited.

Also, I'm still on my parent's plan so it is $50 for data and call/text service for me.  So I am admittedly not the best person to talk to about that aspect of the Verizon plans.
  • I'm thinking of going to Verizon after work & just upgrading. I feel like I'm overthinking the iPhone thing. 

adamar, I've done that too. I tend to make goofy noises, so most people I know brush it off. But people who don't know me must think I'm a little loopy 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fi has the iPhone through Verizon and never has any trouble with it.  I can't wait until my contract ends and I can switch over to a better phone.  I have a smartphone but it sucks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb8cf309-baa7-421e-95b0-15a33c3bba52Post:770d5476-df64-4e13-84bc-9b79103493ca">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an iPhone, and I really like it.  The only thing that aggravates me about it is that the battery wears out pretty quick.  It has to be charged every night, and usually by evening, it's bitching at me that it has less than 20% battery life. 
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

Same here, I am always killing my battery life and I have to make sure to charge it every night or it dies.
  • I was on the phone with a client Embarassed 

I always look at how much data I use, because I'm paranoid they're going to try and take away my unlimited data when I need to upgrade my phone.  We've never come close to using what the limited plans allow.

• Holly and Mari - Do you know how to completely get out of the apps on the iPhone? That will save a lot of your battery life.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bb8cf309-baa7-421e-95b0-15a33c3bba52Post:770d5476-df64-4e13-84bc-9b79103493ca">Re: Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have an iPhone, and I really like it.  The only thing that aggravates me about it is that the battery wears out pretty quick.  It has to be charged every night, and usually by evening, it's bitching at me that it has less than 20% battery life. 
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]
    Holly--<div>Do you kill your apps every once in a while?  If you double click the home button and then hold your finger over an app for a few seconds, red circles should show up.  This does not delete the apps, but prevents them from running in the background and constantly trying to use data.  </div><div>
    </div><div>If you kill them pretty consistently, I can go 2 or 3 days without charging.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards