North Carolina
Options

Registry stalking

I am so bad - our shower is this Sunday and I went and checked all my registries!!  I am so, so naughty but....SOMEONE BOUGHT OUR MIXER!!!!!  How crazy is that??!?!?!?!So, I have a question.. JC Penney called us and said our mixer and some casserole dishes came in and we have to go pick them up - I don't know if they are intended as a wedding or a shower gift - so what do I do?  Do I pick them up and bring them to the shower to open?  Do I need to contact the person to ask?  I am really confused.  Any advice?

Re: Registry stalking

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, I probably wouldnt bring them to the shower to open, they probably arent wrapped and then it might be a little awkward, esp since you already know what it is. I'd just take it home and write a nice thank-you note to the person who gave it to you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What Katherine said.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS - Yay for getting the mixer!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, heck yes, you will luuuuuuuuuuurve your mixer!
  • Options
    allisonuncallisonunc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woo hoo! Go mixer! That's awesome :) Registry stalking is my new favorite pastime (pasttime?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am REALLY proud of myself, I haven't peeked in a looong time, and I am pretty sure my (surprise) shower is this weekend! I have seen a few items that I know I'm getting, but nothing else! So I get to be surprised, whoo hoo :)
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok - new question - the mixer and casserole dishes are apparently a wedding present from his grandmother.  Here's the deal - his Mom asked us a while ago if there was a bigger item that a couple Aunts could go in on and I said the mixer.  So now I don't know if they all went in on it (in which case I need to send multiple thank you notes) or if it is just from his Grandmother and Grandfather (so I send one to just them).... so confusing.  What do I do?  His Mom did not mention the grandparents as part of the big ticket item thing..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There should be a card or a tag or something in the packaging to tell you.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It just had his grandmother's name on it - should I assume it's just from them?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK - Yay!!!  That means that we get more presents - *rubs her greedy little hands with joy*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think it's safe to assume it's from the grandmother only... what may have happened was, the word was passed onto the aunts that a good joint gift was the mixed, but perhaps they spoke to grandmother and decided to get you something else and let grandparents give you the mixer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *mixer
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for your mixer!! And I would just wait and pick them up afterwards too. I doubt I'll get my mixer, I just mainly put it on there in case I get a coupon to buy the remaining items afterwards! :) But I KEEP registry stalking because my shower is next weekend on the 30th and all that has been bought so far is a toaster! :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I figure most people wait until very last minute to buy gifts.  Last week, nothing had been bought and within the last couple days, at least six things have come off the registry.  Also - our shower is on a Sunday so I figure some folks will just shop on Saturday... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards