Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Curiosity poll

What drew you to P&E when you first started coming here?  What about it did you like and want to be a part of?

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb

Re: Curiosity poll

• Options
    It was very active, there was lots of fighting that was fun to watch and i generally just enjoyed the board.
  • Options
    I came here because I had a question that seemed to best fit here.  I stayed around because it was pretty damn funny.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    I think I just randomly clicked on boards and started reading.  I kept reading because I wasn't sure if Scooby was real or an AE because her wedding was so horrendous I thought it must be a joke.

I started posting first because I realized the advice here was really solid about WR and NWR stuff.  I think I stayed because I was in a situation where I didn't really have too many people to talk to IRL and liked the "company" so to speak.  I just like you all and think you're fun.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Everyone was really funny and seemed to have a good bond, even when they were sniping at each other.  It was also a lot more active than my local board.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    There were (is)always new posts and most were very amusing and some were pretty informative.  It was a great way to waste hours at a time at work (still is!).
  • Options
    I came here at first because I honestly liked talking about weddings and the 'planning' part drew me in. This quickly changed into a dedicated people watching experiment. I have a fascination with people in general (I can totally eat at restaurants by myself, or sit by myself at a bar.) The sociology of varying  perspectives from all walks of life (platinum weddings/budget weddings, midwest/canada and so on) was just too fascinating to stay away from. Now I just really like a lot of y'all and stay for the funny/comraderie.

My sister feels the same way about the parenting and family finances board she is addicted to.
  • Options
    It was active and rampant with witticisms and lots of snark, which drew me.
  • Options
    It was interesting.  There was a lot of good WR info, which I needed.  Then, I got drawn into some of the people and their stories, true or not.  It's just amusing.
  • Options
    I asked a question about how to word invites with no kids (and surprisingly nobody was rude)

Then I just started reading the board and found it funny.  I posted a little, then I posted a lot.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I just liked the idea of a place to talk about weddings.  I liked reading what all the different people had to say about them.  This is the first and only board I ever used on the knot, so I didn't have any of that hearing about P&E junk, this is just what I clicked on. 

At first all I ever read was wedding related stuff and I ignored all the personal threads.  But this was during the heyday of the P&E/AFSB wars and whatnot, so the personal things were pretty entertaining and they started grabbing my attention too.  

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    There were a few girls on my club board who also both posted on P&E, and they caused drama one day, so P&E-ers did a board invasion.  I also could not stand those two posters, but most people weren't speaking up about them on the club board, so I was happy that there were other people who shared my opinions.  I stayed for the funny.
  • Options
    I first posted because of the P part of P&E, since I was just engaged and didn't know when I should start planning. I stayed because it was so active and you'd get responses so quickly.

I was almost scared off when I got lampooned for calling someone out on using the phrase "Indian giver," but I held my ground and stuck around :)
  • Options
    Came for bridal party advice.  Stayed for the humor.
  • Options
    I liked the honesty, hilarity, and intelligence.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards