North Carolina
Options

Checks! (Met with Durham Catering and Shutterbooth)

Met with the Shutterbooth guy last night and picked our options.  He was super friendly and really easy to work with.  We are going with color and black and white photo strips.  He is bringing props to the wedding so that people can wear funny hats etc.  Also, he says that outside the photobooth they have a digital photoframe and they can have photos going on a loop.  We are going to give him a CD of images of our friends and family and ourselves and it will be something people can look at while they are waiting to use the booth..  Met with Durham Catering because Sam, our previous guy, left.  We met with Tom, the owner, and he was awesome.  He revamped the menu a little bit to make it more approachable to non-vegetarians and I think it is going to be a hit.  So far, it looks like this:Hor D'OeuvresParsnip Confit, Gruyere, Thyme, and Caramelized Onion QuichesA build your own Focaccia Crostini barBuffetSuper flavorful tofu enchiladas (he's going to hide the tofu)Chicken jumbalaya with duck sausageFried green tomato and Eggplant parmesanGarlic Mashed PotatoesPoached Asparagus with Lemon-Shallot VinaigretteGnocchi with Roasted Corn, Spinach, and Fresh ChilesArugula Salad with Ricotta Salata, Pine Nuts, Pears and Citrus Vinaigrette  

Re: Checks! (Met with Durham Catering and Shutterbooth)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, great checks Grace!  That menu sounds phenomenal.  Fried green tomato and eggplant parmesan, SIGN ME UP! :)Glad you are more comfortable with the catering situation now, sounds like Tom will be great for you!And the photo booth sounds like it will be so much fun. How cool you can have photos looping while people wait? You all are going to be such good hosts!
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pocahontas330Pocahontas330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey grace,I too am having shutterbooth at my wedding!! The guy that I met with is super nice. I think we are talking about the same guy. Was his name Nick??I am curious though, how are you going to have yours set up at your wedding? I am getting married at a hotel, and we are trying to decide where to have our photobooth; either in the actual reception room or outside of the room. Let me know your thoughts!!ttyl
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Pocahontas - we were talking with Neal - he is the guy who runs it here, well, him and his wife.  We are setting ours up in the reception area.  We have them, the DJ, the buffet, the cake table, the gift table, and the guestbook table and then the center is for dancing.  I want it to be a main feature at the wedding so that's why we made that choice.  He told us about a wedding that he did where the booth was in a separate room and he said that people didn't know he was there and he had to go get people in order for the photobooth to be used. 
  • Options
    Pocahontas330Pocahontas330 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Grace!! I dont know where I got Nick from!? Yeah Neal Zipster!!! He is super fun! Well your set up sounds pretty much like mine. We are having DJ, buffet table, cake table. I was just a little afraid that the photobooth would be too much in the room. But I think I am going to have it in the reception area as not to take away from the DJ and dancing. Everyone who has had one has said that it was really popular and there was a line for it the whole night.Did you do your STDs with them too??
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do my STDs with them.  I did those before I booked the photobooth and went with VistaPrint ones that were super cheap.  We are going to have them do our "Thank You" postcards for after the wedding though.  He showed us what they looked like last night and they were super fun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check for me too! I was at Durham Catering yesterday too! Tom has been our go to guy all along, but we were just going over some things. Your menu does sound fantastic. I've had the duck sausage and it was really good with the chutney they served with it!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am just hoping that everyone likes it.  I feel like there is a good mix of things.  Half of FI's family is Puerto Rican and the other half is Southern so I thought that it would work for them...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow great checks! Your menu sounds yummy and the photobooth will be a hit!  I can't wait to see the fun thank you cards you come up with...put them on your blog when you finish!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will - I am a terrible blogger and I am usually great with photos and I have been neglecting those too :(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome Grace! The new menu sounds delish. We meet with Tom on Aug. 31.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just me. i didn't do photobooth. i put my money in a really good photographer and skipped out on cheesy booth photos of people that won't be in my lives anyway in ten years.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put good money into the photographer.  But I want a photobooth too for the guestbook.  I'm guessing that because you have such a bad personality, most of the people who went to your wedding won't be your friends in 10 years.  It won't be the same in my case.  Thanks though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yum...menu sounds delicious - I'm sure your guests will love it!  The photo booth sounds like a lot of fun -- is shutterbooth only in the rdu area or do they travel?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They travel all over the state and up to Virginia.  It would be worth looking into ...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    considering how transit this area is....i'd be a betting woman i'll be right in ten years.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Except for the fact that FI and I aren't from here and neither are our friends. You are a very presumptuous person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards