Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I don't get it....

I don't get couples' joint facebook pages. At all. What is the point. You'd like if your hubby/bf/gf/so whatever wanted a facebook page, they'd make their own! It makes these idiots look like they can't do anything without their hubbies, bfs, etc. Barf.

Re: I don't get it....

• Options
    I'm lucky to not know anyone with a joint page, but I agree that it's stupid.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I 100% agree with you. When I see them, I want to punch them.
  • Options
    I hate those too!  It's so stupid.  It's not hard to make your own email address and account. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    mahahah... WTF I didn't even  know this existed!
  • Options
    I didn't even know people did that.  That's weird.
  • Options
    I know 2 couples that do this. They were incredibly lame before FB, so it doesn't surprise me that they brought their lame to the world wide web.
  • Options
    I just found out last week (stalking, ahem) that a guy I had a HUGE crush on in high school has a joint page with his wife. My burning teenage love for him immediately died out. I don't get it at ALL.
    On bed rest since Groundhog's Day and every day since has been exactly the same.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Blog
  • Options
    Yah, I bet I have out of 200 friends, probably 6 of them have joint "accounts". It's sick. One is my bsc cousin (not the ClaAA one, but the bsc one who punched my dad).
  • Options

I see those a lot.  It's so stupid when people do that.

• Options
    I do not know anyone like that..  how odd?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Joint FB accounts do sound creepy...  But how about joint email accounts?

My cousin and her DH have one.  The address is something like JoeandSue@yahoo...

I rarely email her because that's just weird.  And I certainly wouldn't write her anything that I wouldn't want him to know.  And no, they're not old people who think of email as a residential mailing address.  They're my age.  Creepy control freak weird :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:be255170-50cf-461f-9a02-8ef125e5a77aPost:8aaca930-f1f2-498b-9b22-8296707fb216">Re: I don't get it....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joint FB accounts do sound creepy...  But how about joint email accounts? My cousin and her DH have one.  The address is something like JoeandSue@yahoo... I rarely email her because that's just weird.  And I certainly wouldn't write her anything that I wouldn't want him to know.  And no, they're not old people who think of email as a residential mailing address.  They're my age.  Creepy control freak weird :(
    Posted by ExpatPumpkin[/QUOTE]

My brother and SIL are like that except until recently I thought it was just his.  Then she started replying to every email I sent my brother even though they clearly said "Dear Julez's brother" NOT "Dear Julez's annoying, overbearing SIL who can't bear to have her H out of her sight for 1 minute even in email form." 
  • Options
    I don't know anyone with the joint FB page, but i do know the couples/family email people.  One is JonesFamily@whatever.com.... and yeah, I never ever email my friend because it's way too weird thinking her husband might read it first.
  • Options
    I don't get them either.  My cousin has one.  Hate it!  
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I just have one, and it surprises me, because they were really non-lame in college.  She's become increasingly lame since graduaton.  Her status updates belong on STFU parents.
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel the same about joint email. I also know a woman who's email address was her name, her husbands name, and their dogs name. So it was like: sarahjohnandfluffy@...
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be255170-50cf-461f-9a02-8ef125e5a77aPost:1bf8cfb1-c670-4147-bb21-7efc34f32a9e">Re: I don't get it....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I feel the same about joint email. I also know a woman who's email address was her name, her husbands name, and their dogs name. So it was like: sarahjohnandfluffy@...
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

Lame.  I'm shocked that people still use email addresses that aren't simply a variation of their name.  I saw an email in the church bulletin on Sunday that was lovemy3kids@ whatever.com.  Really?  What about your husband? 
  • Options
    Never seen that before...odd. 
  • Options
    The email thing, provided by your ISP I can relate to. Our former ISP would only let us have one email address so we made it jaimark@whatever.com but we didn't use it, just for our online bills, etc.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_dont-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:be255170-50cf-461f-9a02-8ef125e5a77aPost:cd3f97fd-547a-4609-aa59-f62dbae3befa">Re: I don't get it....</a>:
    [QUOTE]The email thing, provided by your ISP I can relate to. Our former ISP would only let us have one email address so we made it jaimark@whatever.com but we didn't use it, just for our online bills, etc.
    Posted by pumpkinpumpkin[/QUOTE]

<div>The scenario you're describing makes sense.  And it's not a bad idea to use a joint email for bills, etc.</div><div>
    </div><div>But when you create a free Hotmail or Gmail account to share, and that's the only way your friends/family can email you, you may be taking the "we are one" thing too far ;)</div>
  • Options
    I was just thinking that myself.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    I don't get people who have facebook pages for pets.

Or, whose who actively maintain and post status updates on their deceased spouse's page.  (One of FI's Army buddies was killed in combat, and his wife updates the page.  Freaks FI out from time to time.)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards