North Carolina
Options

Bridal Portrait locations - Charlotte

Cheyenne is shooting my bridal portraits in Charlotte on September 8th.  I have never really been to Charlotte so I don't have any suggestions.  Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Bridal Portrait locations - Charlotte

• Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used the Van Landingham Estate and really liked it. Shan used some barn somewhere in CLT (also shot by Cheyenne). I was also considering Winghaven Gardens and the Duke Mansion. HTH!
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you like artsy type things?? NoDa is a cool little area...it is Charlotte's Historic Art District. They have cool little artsy rest. and a ton of places that you could probably find to shoot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay for booking with Cheyenne!  I have no idea about that area either.  If you are up for anything then I would maybe just let her choose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Allie have you gotten yours back yet?? I would LOVE to see them... we toyed around w/ the idea of doing e-pics at VLE. We almost booked that as our venue.
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Katherine: no I have gotten them back yet. I am patiently waiting...lol. Actually I'm  stalking my email to see if she has emailed it to me...haha. Anyway, I thought VLH was beautiful too and if I lived in CLT I would have booked it. I'll let you know when I get them!
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of setting do you want? Inside? Outside? Modern? Traditional? There are so many places that it's hard to suggest one without knowing what kind of look you want. Also, Cheyenne should be able to pick a great location if you talk to her about the look you're going for. For example, I knew I didn't want a setting with antiques or a bunch of flowers. Since I was going for a clean modern look my photog suggested The Blake Hotel.
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I am having trouble with whether I want urban, modern, natural etc. etc.  I like the idea of the Wing Haven, but they charge $100 to use their place...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cheyenne is AMAZING with her vision, maybe let her know you're having some trouble thinking of a location/backdrop, and have her give you some suggestions. I mean, I told her uptown and she ran with that. I never expected to take pics on top of a parking garage roof, and then under an overpass in a sketchy part of uptown and yet still have them come out so amazing :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards