Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Bridal Shower invite list

I've recently been trying to come up with a final guest list to give my mom and bridesmaids who are planning my shower. We are having a large wedding (probably around 250 guests), but I'm hoping to keep the shower list on the smallish side so it's not a burden on my mom and friends. How many guests are just too many to invite to the shower? How many people does anyone else plan on inviting?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 January Siggy

Re: Bridal Shower invite list

• Options
    Ditto Edie. I think anything beyond 30 gets absurd. Think about how long people will have to sit there and watch gifts being opened. If someone offers, I'd suggest doing one for your side and one for your FIs side if having a small number would be an issue. 
  • Options
    I went to a shower for my cousin's wife that easily had 60 people there. It was so not fun. It took like three hours to open gifts. 

I'd say 30 max. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    When I hosted my sister's shower I told her she could invite 20 people. 17 made it to the shower and it went very well.
  • Options
    Including myself, BM's and my mom my shower guest list stands at 30 people.  My mom is going to ask FI's mom if we missed any really important people from their side, but if FMIL tries to add a ton of people my mom is going to tell her that can't be done (mom's on a tight budget) and to perhaps have a second shower hosted by FMIL with her friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Try to stay within circles if you can. Maybe that will help. 

...Or that could just be more of a pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll talk with my girls : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

May 2013 January Siggy

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_bridal-shower-invite-list-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c0c6b4fb-379a-44c1-8429-e8188f4a91b8Post:060d346a-2fae-4b57-8661-4cf40ece5655">Re: Bridal Shower invite list</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto Edie. I think anything beyond 30 gets absurd. Think about how long people will have to sit there and watch gifts being opened. If someone offers, I'd suggest doing one for your side and one for your FIs side if having a small number would be an issue. 
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Well, then mine is gonna be nuts, because the guest list tops out at 90. When I said something to the caterer about how huge that is and how I was sort of embarrassed that my mom wouldn't cut down the list, the caterer said "Oh, my shower was 200 people. No big deal!"</div><div>
    </div><div>WHAT?

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards