North Carolina
Options

BM dresses

Ok so I have 7 bridesmaids. 5 of the girls have fully paid and picked up their dresses but the other two still have not. The dresses are still sitting in the store waiting to be paid for and picked up. One of the girls...my SIL just had a baby about two weeks ago so I completely understand her issue. She does live in the South Park area and the dress place is in Cornelius...so it is quite a drive for her and the new baby right now. I did tell her that I don't mind at all to go pick it up for her and deliver it to her myself (it would give me another reason to go see my niece). But she keeps telling me she will take care of it. The wedding is in Octotber..I just want to make sure that she has time for the alterations. The other girl actually lives in Arizona....she is in town this week since she will be coming to my bach weekend. We leave early tomorrow morning. She told me she was going by the store before we left but she still has not yet. I found out yesterday, she went to visit her father in Columbia and will not be back here in the charlotte area at all before we leave. So needless to say the dress has not been paid for. I told her as well that I would pick it up for her about a month ago when the dresses came in and bring it with me to the bach weekend and give it to her, but she said she did not have the money to pay for it. I guess my question is or the reason i am venting is because I feel like they are procrastinating with this. Again SIL does have a legitimate reason with a newborn and her being completely sore for the delivery and cannot move around so much...but why would she not take my offer and let me get it for her?? I just want to make sure that they both get it in enough time for them to get alterations done ect. They both paid the deposit.... How should I go about this...I don't want them to feel like I am pushing them to get these dresses, but in the sametime, I don't want them to run out of time.

Re: BM dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is also in October and my BM dresses aren't even in! Maybe you could give them a little more time to get it together? But I do understand exactly where you are coming from.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally hear ya, it was like pulling teeth getting 2 of my 4 BM's to pay for their dress. Now 3 of 4 have paid, but the 4th has not. She asked me at my shower when she was going to get the dress, and I had to gently remind her that she hasnt paid me for it yet (I paid for all the dresses up front). It was kind of awkward but I dunno what else to do, I could really use that $105 (her dress was $20 more than the rest because of the size).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is annoying, but just to throw something out there. My BM couldn't get alterations until 2 days before the wedding. I know this probably will make you have a heartattack, (b/c I almost did), but it actually was fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pinky-yeah I know that there are places that you could go to have alterations done in one or two days...it does stress me out a little though. I may wait one more week and then I will send an email out to all the girls about "stuff"for the wedding and one of the things I will mention is the dress...like making sure they all know the length I want them ect.....and maybe suggest alteration places that i have been to that are really good. Maybe this will push the two other girls along. I am sure that it will all work out!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe SIL's money is tight? I know after we had the baby, every single penny that came into our house had to be for something we needed for him. That first month is pretty expensive... If you are close with them (which you obviously are since they are your BM), tell them the truth. Tell them they need to pick their dresses up!!
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would flat out ask them why they dont want you to pick the dresses up for them if they arent able to get the dresses themselves....it seems wierd that you would offer to help them and they say no??
  • Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah - I agree with PP - I would just ask them.  They are family/closest friends and you should just be open with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards