Wedding Etiquette Forum

How many people are invited to rehearsal dinner?

My immediate family is 25 people with significant other and nieces and nephews that are all coming form out of state (must haves).  His immediate family is 5 and our parents don't really know each other.  I don't want to have this meet and greet be too large, but don't want his parents to invite 20 distant relatives to make it even.  My mom is hosting it not the inlaw.  How many people is fair to invite from his side?

Re: How many people are invited to rehearsal dinner?

• Aside from those who will be involved in the rehearsal (wedding party and typically immediate family), rehearsal dinner invites will be up to you.  I don't think that you need to make it "even" at the dinner.  Just ensure that those who SHOULD be invited are.

• Thanks for the advice
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2012
    We are inviting immediate family, grandparents, our pastor, and the wedding party (plus their dates). It adds up to 50 people.

Edit: I also agree that it does not need to be an even party. Invite who you want to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I highly doubt there are 25 people in your immediate family.

You invite everyone involved in the wedding rehearsal, their dates, your parents, your siblings, your siblings dates, and most people invite grandparents.

You can invite other relatives/out of town guests at the discretion of the host.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_how-many-people-are-invited-to-rehearsal-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c3092d26-9f5b-494b-8327-bafcd0d43a20Post:576202de-87f4-438c-86bc-23a90b6f4c5b">Re: How many people are invited to rehearsal dinner?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I highly doubt there are 25 people in your immediate family.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]
    She clarified that to mean SO and nieces and nephews.  I'd buy that someone might have 5 siblings who are all married with 2 or 3 kids.  Add in mom and dad, and there you go 25 people!
  • Thanks for the heads up on this! I was wondering the same thing.. Should I invite our string quartet? It is my Aunt & Uncle and their two sons to the rehearsal dinner?
  • oh msmerrymac... we have 3 each for the wedding party and with just immediate family (2 siblings for me... 1 for FI) and our parents we have almost 30 (now granted that includes 9 kids under the age of 12 and the spouses) for the rehersal dinner. 

Yup 25 is easy to hit :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards