Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

opinions on prices

hi all!

i just wanted to get an idea as far as pricing.  i found save the dates, invites with reply cards and save the dates for $600.00.  is this a great deal, an ok deal or a bad deal?  this is all very new to me and i have nothing to gauge these prices against.  

thanks!

Re: opinions on prices

• Options

How many of each will you be ordering? 

• Options
    How heavy is the paper?  Are they printed, thermographed, letter press, engraved?
    Any embellishment on them? Are the envelopes lined?

There are a lot of things that go into invite pricing.  The ones I really loved were $23 something a piece!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That sounds pricey in my opinion, depending on how many you're ordering.

• Options
    I don't even need to know how many and I think $600 is out of the question. But that's me. Our invite budget was $250 (for 100 invites), and my STDs were free. We came in under.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Wpw that sounds steep! Althought I guess if you need 300 of each, then its not too bad...
  • Options
    Yikes I got 75 Save the Dates for 100 dollars including envelopes with all the addressing done for me ... from a graphic designer I met at a bridal show. It is up to you but I could never spend that much on invitations
  • Options
    P.S> When I see your SN I think of Doreen O'Conner from Roseanne. FYI
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • Options
    Like PPs said, it depends on the invitation. But just to give you an idea, we ordered 50 save the dates and invitations (with an inner and outer envelope, RSVP card + envelope, and a reception/info card) for $400 ($100 for the save the dates and $300 for the invitations). It was printed using regular flat printing on thick kraft paper.
    11-13-10
    Planning + Married
  • Options
    I really need to know more information, but it doesn't seem like a bad deal depending on the quality/quantity.

FWIW we did Save the Date magnets (160) and they ended up being around $1.30 each. My invitations were thermographied pocketfolds, and they turned out to be about $3.25 each. It really depends on how much your budget is, and what you are looking for.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    my 50 DIY save the dates with postage was under $50 (with lots of leftover supplies i can use elsewhere in the wedding)

my invitations/rsvp cards and envelopes for both are print-your-own and they are 0.08 each not couting printing and postage.
    10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Pricing for invitations ranges dramatically depending on the paper and printing method. When I was looking (50 invitations, reply cards, reception card, accommodations card), I saw pricing starting around $250 on up to the thousands.

Paper quality, quantity of items, printing method, more than one color ink, layers, ribbons, etc. It adds up.

planning

• Options
    I agree with PP.  We need to know how many invitations you are ordering and how many inserts, etc. that includes.  If you're ordering 250 invitations, that might be a very good price.
  • Options
    I paid about that for my jacket invitations, lined envelopes, RSVP cards with envelopes, travel information cards, thermography printing, and return address/RSVP envelope address pre-printed. Heavy metallic cardstock. I got 75 invitations and 100 envelopes. My STDs were postcards from vistaprint and cost me about $12, including postage.

i mean... is that your budget? Only you can decide exactly what you're willing to spend on invitations. Some people spend $1.50 per invitation and some people spend $35 per invitation.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    We went really crazy with our invitations, but they were DIY and it was important to us to have something really special.

Here's how it came out (for 70 invitations)
    Envelopes: $42
    Calligraphy: $70
    Baker's twine to tie the invites: $15
    Custom return address stamp: $20
    Heavy cardstock, cutting, & printing for invitation and 4 inserts: $100
    Basic postage for invites & reply envelopes: $60
    Extra vintage stamps: $50

So, it came out to $357, or $5.10 per invitation. We could've easily done it for 1/6th that, but we wanted to go the extra mile.

Had we ordered these same invitations from the company that inspired the design, they would've cost $3200. No joke.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards