North Carolina
Options

Wilson venue troubles

*sigh* I don't know where to go. I live in Wilson, NC, in Wilson county, not the Wilson on the other side of the state. FI decided he wanted a teeny tiny wedding, just parents, maybe not even them. So now my reservation for a hotel to accommodate 30 people is now useless. He doesn't want to use a church, a crowded place, or the Rose Garden.I'm trying to get him to answer me about inside or outside preferences, but he's a bum. So I'm trying to look into both. The problem is neither of us is from here and I don't really know many places. =( Can anybody help me before I pull out all my hair?

Re: Wilson venue troubles

• Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    do you want wilson area? or could you go west and do raleigh or go east and do the greenville area?
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really want Wilson. As we're paying the Minister $325 to drive all the way there from Durham, and Greenville would be so much more. And FI doesn't want to leave town to do it. :/
  • Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    this is copied and pasted from [urlhttp://www.wilsonnc.org/Departments/parksandrecreation/facilities/[/url] Building Rentals Recreation Park Community Center - Rooms available for events such as parties, dances, meetings, banquets. For more information call 399.2266. Reid Street Community Center - Rooms available for events such as parties, dances, meetings. For more information call 399.2277. Pender Street Center - Room available for events such as parties and meetings. For more information, call 399.2277. Elvie Resource Center - Room available for events such as dances, receptions, parties, banquets. would something like that be an option? i'm going to keep looking.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    here is one: [url]http://thestricklandfarm.com/[/url] or do you know someone or you yourself that has a nice backyard? you could rent a tent and do it there.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The first ones I'll look into tomorrow, that's so helpful. But the second one won't help me. =( There's already a wedding on my date. But ty for helping.And our backyard isn't bad, but we live in an apartment and there would be too many nosy old ladies, lol. I thought of that before, but shot it down with getting married at home (inside). It just doesn't seem special to me, like it's unreal or something, if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah i understand. have you thought about eloping? that sounds like what your FI wants to do. the beach has some great elopement packages. i can post the places i looked in to if you want.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We thought about that too, but I've already bought and put around $500 into this white dress I been hiding in the other bedroom (he doesn't wanna see it beforehand), lol. And we've put down a non-refundable deposit on the minister. We're just trying to be cheap about everything else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $325 to drive to Wilson yikes!  Why not do the wedding in Durham and not have to pay that fee ;)
  • Options
    mrybrwn9mrybrwn9 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a country club off of 301 near Griff's and the Beefmaster.  I'm sorry but the name escapes me right now.  I attended a reception there a few years ago and it was nice.  You may also want to check into Barton College and see if they have anything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the country club you are referring to is Wedgewood maybe??? We just went to a wedding there on the 15th. It was nice.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Driving the hour and fifteen minutes to Durham only knocks off $50. I had to look outside of Wilson because everyone here, that I could find, won't perform any kind of ceremony without even one mention of gawd. It's what we get for living on the bible belt. =(I'll look into the CC too, hopefully in the next week. You guys have been really helpful. I got some kind of partial answer this morning, at least I know I'm looking for something indoors now. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Problem resolved!I looked into the different country clubs and golf courses. Willow Springs is the on on 301, btw. =) They were really nice but only do parties of 75+ w/ catering. I went back to the hotel I had my "30+" reservation with and met with the woman that takes care of reservations for meetings/events and renegotiated. I was under the impression originally that I could only rent the room, whole or half, for a min. of 6 hours. Apparently I can use it by the hour for $75 an hour. So we're going to reserve it for 2 hours, as a buffer. Since the ceremony is only ten, maybe 15 minutes if somebody's crying lol, minutes long. And pictures there would only be maybe 20-30 minutes, then off to wherever.I'm so happy this got resolved, I guess the 3rd time reserving a ceremony site was the charm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards