North Carolina
Options

Sendoffs?

What are you doing? I've given little thought to this!

Re: Sendoffs?

• Options
    grace_ugagrace_uga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to skip it.  We are sleeping at the venue and don't want to do sparklers because FI's Mom is scared of them...
  • Options
    JemmessicaJemmessica member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that is the issue I am having.... we are staying at the venue, not getting in a car and driving off....
  • Options
    allie76allie76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at the venue that night as well so we aren't doing a send off. However, after the ceremony, we are having the guest blow bubbles outside on the stairs at the church. Mostly because I think it will be pretty for pics.
    TTC since Sept 2009 with PCOS. 3 failed Clomid cycles; 3 failed IUI's; 1 failed injectable + TI cycle. Surprise BFP on 1/22/12 while waiting to start IVF! EDD 9/30/12.
    Missed m/c discovered 2/20/12 (8w1d). D&C 2/23/12
    Photobucket [img]http://i54.tinypic.com/zsk41e.jpg[/img]

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are staying at venue but i still think a cool way to end things would be sparklers on the beach
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to do sparklers but I've also seen pom poms tossed, lavender tossed, etc.  I think a really cool idea is to hand out small bells and for people to ring bells as you all walk by :)
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we didn't do anything special - we just hung out while people left/ we cleaned up and then we went and took more pictures with our photographer around the hotel/downtown.  we were staying at the venue and it was 5pm when our reception ended (and we had after parties to still hit that evening) so...it didn't seem necessary!
  • Options
    smlinebesmlinebe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did bubbles.  You could do a "fake exit" even if you're going to go back.  As a guest, I kinda always waited to leave when the grand exit happened; I may have been a little confused if one never came and not have known when the reception was "over".  Then again maybe I was not the most savvy guest :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a "grand exit" w/ bubbles from the church after the ceremony instead of a send off from the reception (also staying at the venue). We have a lot of OOT guests that might leave before the party is over, so we decided it would be better to do it from the church.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we did a sorta fake exit. We did sparklers (they look pretttty) and then had a golf cart to be taken away, but all we did was make a huge circle in the parking lot and came back. We then said our goodbyes and then just left after everyone left.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did bubbles and it looked great in pictures. Our venue did not allow you to throw anything or use sparklers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards