Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I love my dogs, I promise.

I was just making some french toast and burned it. So I took the pan over to the trash can to throw away the burned bread. My boxer came over and tried to put her nose on the pan (I guess because it smelled good) so I jerked it away and burned the hand not holding the pan (because I didn't think I would need both oven mitts). I then yelled at my dog "Don't put your face on that, it's a HOT PAN!" Yeah, because she totally understood that. 

And now I feel foolish. And my hand hurts. And I am sans french toast. 

Re: I love my dogs, I promise.

• Options
    I have complete discussions with my dogs.  Sometimes, I come home from work and ask how their day was.     Sorry about the burnt hand and french toast though!
  • Options
    I talk to my horses as if they understand, or might even respond. I get it, Poke. And sorry about your hand. I brt the puppy appreciated not having a burnt nose.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-my-dogs-i-promise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c6a94af9-20bf-4269-83ca-4f575c833b41Post:eb5b7f65-bbd2-4c66-9539-d53b2eeea2a8">Re: I love my dogs, I promise.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have complete discussions with my dogs.  <strong>Sometimes, I come home from work and ask how their day was. </strong>    Sorry about the burnt hand and french toast though!
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]

Psh, I ask my cat how her day was every day.  I also often ask her what she did all day. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Haha, thanks Eagles. After I burned my hand I gave up on the french toast idea. So it's not like I couldn't have it. And I gave my dog a treat because I felt bad for yelling. She doesn't understand that my psycho screaming was because I was in pain - but she got a biscuit covered in doggie chocolate so I think she's over it : p
  • Options
    I talk to my horses and dogs too. Horses are the best therapists. Sorry about your hand.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-my-dogs-i-promise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c6a94af9-20bf-4269-83ca-4f575c833b41Post:d2753ed5-6498-4de2-957a-b60432c6d5df">Re:I love my dogs, I promise.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I talk to my horses as if they understand, or might even respond. I get it, Poke. And sorry about your hand.<strong> I brt the puppy appreciated not having a burnt nose.</strong>
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>I would hope so!! </div>
  • Options
    I also have full conversations with Chef D.  I like when his ears move like he is actually interested in what I'm saying.  Then he seems to give me a kiss at the right time. 

Pets are very therapeutic.  They always listen but rarely talk back.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-my-dogs-i-promise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c6a94af9-20bf-4269-83ca-4f575c833b41Post:eb5b7f65-bbd2-4c66-9539-d53b2eeea2a8">Re: I love my dogs, I promise.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have complete discussions with my dogs. 
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]
    lol, me too
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-my-dogs-i-promise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c6a94af9-20bf-4269-83ca-4f575c833b41Post:8eabc1be-08bb-45a3-9d55-55f0f0a80875">Re: I love my dogs, I promise.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I love my dogs, I promise. : Psh, I ask my cat how her day was every day.  I also often ask her what she did all day. 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    I do this with my dog.
  • Options
    My doggie understands me, she pretends she doesn't so she can get away with stuff. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_i-love-my-dogs-i-promise?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c6a94af9-20bf-4269-83ca-4f575c833b41Post:b4ad0235-a9c7-4443-8b05-c6c39967c98c">Re: I love my dogs, I promise.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My dog now responds to "Kiss mom" with a smooch</strong>.  Smarty Jones, he is.  I always ask him how his sleep was when I go down to get him in the morning, and what he did while I was at work. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Here on the pathetic baby-talking side, that's how my dog responds to "Gissus kissies." Oh yeah, I'm awful.</div><div>
    </div><div>Since my FI's been gone for a few months the dog and I have very in depth conversations. Including things like me telling him to calm down because "not everyone's here to see you." This often happens when we go outside for him to do his business. And I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm nuts. </div>
  • Options
    LeguLegu member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I talk to my bunny all the time... He has his own little group of nicknames... Whenever I come in from work "how you been, boy?". When I wake up "you have a good snooze?". I tell him "see ya later, be back around [time] whenever I go out. General random conversations... I don't even care if people think I'm nuts, he's my bunny an I love him.
    So, maybe things don't always go as planned... Maybe that's okay. I may be alone for now, but my baby boy is on his way, and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Options
    We talk to the dog every day.  In English, since neither of us speaks dog.

She always looks very pensive when we talk, like she's trying to figure out what we're saying.
  • Options
    I love that everyone talks to their dogs, since we do, too. Our non-pet-owning friends don't get it. 

Bax has learned to respond "yes" to questions with a kiss. So he jumps up and licks your face if you ask him "Do you want to go out?" Sometimes we mess with him and ask "Do you want a smack? Do you want to eat poison?" just to see what he'll "agree" to.  We are mean owners.

My H also has trouble understanding that the dog is just a dog.  He'll lecture him on something, like, "It makes it hard for me to be patient with you when you bark at me, Bax." It goes over really well Wink

Side note--I originally wrote our non-pet friends, but then realized that made it seem like we have a bunch of pets as friends.
  • Options
    Sorry about your hand poke. I am trying to teach the new cat that all furniture except the couch is off limits she just stares at me like I am crazy leaves the table, desk etc. and goes back when i look away. Sorta doesnt work when FI lets her nap on the kitchen table. He lets her cuteness get to him. On a side note Mama cat (table lover) Daddy cat and the 2 kittens are getting their appointmets set up to get fixed this week. I hope they have room for them soon the female is indoor/outdoor so i dont need her coming back prego on us before her appointment. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards