Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Weird listing

I'm going through house listing (joy of joys) and come across this one.

No picture:

2 rambler style homes for $160k. Property includes several sheds, gazebos, and storage areas. Surrounded by woods on back country road

This just screams ax murdered/horror flick to me. I almost want to go see them just to see whats wrong with them.

Re: Weird listing

• Options
    If theres a big freezer,....RUN!
  • Options
    sounds like a good place for a meth lab.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'd be curious too. Just make sure you don't go alone. 

That has House of 1000 Corpses written all over it. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think my realtor has a shot gun he can bring...lol

There is one beeeeautiful house in a great neighborhood thats in our price range though, wohoo!
  • Options
    No pictures on stuff like that weirds me out.  I automatically assume that there is something seriously wrong.  Kind of like the person who does not post any pictures on a dating website.
  • Options
    Haha now THAT sounds much more promising (and less dangerous). 
    I'm going to have to tell FI about the murder compound listing you found. We are starting to look around for a house to buy too. :)
  • Options
    Don't do it!! It's a horrible soul sucking process...once we find a place I'm never moving again! And if this job dh applied for pulls through we may need to rent for a bit. I'd take the job over a house (believe it or not).
  • Options
    We are in an apartment now. The final straw came yesterday when our downstairs neighbor apparently burned hamburger or something and now our apartment has smelled like meat for two days. I don't care how soul sucking it is...I am sick of smelling other people. :)
  • Options
    Ugh, I hear you on that. We have a little kid who lives above us who is the noisiest small child I've ever seen. But only in thumping the ground. From 6am until midnight you can hear every little step he makes. And if he jumps up and down...pictures fall off our wall. His parents are mean mofos though, so I just passive aggressively bang on the ceiling...
  • Options
    Oh and speaking of smells, I don't know if you ever come down my way, but the mall at Tysons Corner added a sushi/japanese place in the center of the mall. The entire mall now smells very strongly of fish, yech.
  • Options
    Bleh...that's why we waited for a top floor apartment. I would freak out if I had to hear someone above me all the time. The way our cats run around here, it probably sounds like we breed miniature ponies to the lady downstairs. Maybe the hamburger is a payback of some sort. 

And that is just GROSS about the sushi place and honestly, that's probably a sign that it's not a good place to eat. No good sushi restaurant I have ever been to has smelled fishy.

• Options
    As we were riding up the escalator the little devil in me thought "I wonder how many times people spit off the second layer directly into the food prep area..." bad idea Tysons...bad idea...

What was the good idea was the store selling 100 styles of boots for $20 each. Now I just need an excuse to wear my new black hooker boots...
  • Options
    and my computer is exploding...

see you tomorrow!
  • Options
    Oh god don't get hit by computer shrapnel!! :)

Good night!

PS. $20 boot store = WAY better than stinky fish sushi joint. I'd travel for that. 
  • Options
    160K is a deal.  At least check it out.  Just bring the mace.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I am still getting over the shock of the fact that you can even buy a house for $160k, murder or not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wierd-listing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:c726d56f-2f39-4013-a78c-0fd0b5dc564bPost:c9c09c1d-6404-45b6-b110-e46311515dea">Re: Weird listing</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am still getting over the shock of the fact that you can even buy a house for $160k, murder or not.
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]

ditto.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    What's a little medium velocity spatter, really.
  • Options
    Sun, the house we lost was 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom colonial with a huge backyard and porch for $160k. Too bad the stupid seller took out the entire kitchen (after accepting our offer) and that made us lose the house :(

Our budget is only up to $175k. So yeah, looking in a fairly rural area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards