Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

receiving line???

Is it bad to not do a receiving line at the end of the wedding? I am getting married in a small chapel with  not a lot of room for everyone to be standing in the back. But is it really bad to skip it? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Re: receiving line???

• It's important people get a chance to see you. We dismissed people by rows at the church. That meant we thanked everyone but it didn't take so long.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Skipping the receiving line is fine, as long as you find some time during the reception to greet each one of your guests. You can have a receiving line there or do table visits.
  • Many people are skipping receiving lines these days. They can be tedious and time consuming for large weddings. But you "owe" your guests a personal greeting from you and DH at some point during the evening. Whether that is accomplished with a receiving line, or by visiting tables during the dinner or reception is up to you. When my daughter got married, we combined the receiving line with the line for the buffet. It kept the line moving, and gave them a chance to personally speak to all the guests.
  • Thank you for all the replies. The more I have thought about it, the more I do think I should do it and since the weather is supposed to be good, we are planning on doing the line outside. Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards