Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

july wedding when do i send out invitations

I didnt plan on sending save the dates my wedding is july 28th when should i send invites out i was thinking april someone told me feb help???????????? and do they have to be the colors of the wedding i was going to go eruc since i cant decide on a color.

Re: july wedding when do i send out invitations

• Options
    We sent our invitations on May 16th. Our wedding was July 16th.  We had a lot of OOTers and one international couple. 6-8 weeks is correct for normal situations.

And as PPs said, your invitations can be whatever color, style, etc. you want. There are a million options out there.
  • Options

6-8 weeks before the wedding.  If you have international guests, you can send those ones out at about 12 weeks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    They should go out no more than 8 weeks before the wedding, so April would be too early and February would be insane. In fact, if you wanted to, there is still more than enough time to send save the dates. My wedding is in Sept. and we're not sending our STDs until March.
    Lizzie
  • Options
    Stick to 6-8 weeks before. If you send them earlier than that, people won't know if they're available on the date, they'll have too much time to lose the RSVP card, and a lot can happen in terms of budget and circumstances. STDs are unnecessary, just make sure your must haves know the date by word of mouth.
  • Options
    I got married July 23 and sent out the bulk of my invitations May 23. 

I did send a group out the last week of April b/c I'm dumb and addressed a few friends still in college to their college address, if I'd waited they would have all already moved for the summer and I didn't want to re-do all their envelopes (re-address as well as line new envelopes).

And they can absolutely be whatever color you want.
  • Options
    What Habs said.  And you can do any color.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

after reading the post thanks guys (i have no one to plan with) i ordered 100 save the dates for out of town guest and will send out in april i will mail invites 1st wk of may:)

• Options
    You can send the save the dates out earlier than April if you like.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_july-wedding-send-out-invitations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c8fbc23b-3786-4c48-886d-97b62ffa1394Post:8047f7c0-0360-41e2-baeb-513d34bea003">Re: july wedding when do i send out invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]after reading the post thanks guys (i have no one to plan with) i ordered 100 save the dates for out of town guest and will send out in april i will mail invites 1st wk of may:)
    Posted by GLENNSEASE[/QUOTE]
    We mailed our STDs in December for our July wedding. You could send your STDs anytime between now and probably February.

For a late July wedding, I would not send your invitations before late May. Anything more than 2 months gets excessive. First week of May would be too early.

Also, there's no point to STDs if you send them a month before your invitations. That's why they are typically sent 6-9 months before the wedding.
  • Options
    Hey, if you need more help or ideas from other July brides- check out the month boards, I'm assuming you're getting married in 2012? There is a July 2012 board on here. Sometimes asking previous brides is helpful- you can ask July 2011 brides too!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards