Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Uninvited?

Okay, so here's my situatuion, I have an aunt and an uncle that i'm not close to at all (we had an ugly falling out years ago), but i've remained close to their older sons.  I know the right thing to do is invite the parents, and I would EXCEPT, they have a young son who is a HELLIAN.....i mean a real psycho....he'd push over the cake just to see what happened, and his parents cannot control him at all....SO, should I just forget inviting the cousins because of their little brother ? or do i invite everyone and hold my breath when I know they can't keep him under control....?

Re: Uninvited?

• Options
    How old are the cousins?
  • Options
    I would think if the older brothers are adults that live out of their parent's house that you could just invite them.  If they still live with their parent's, that could be weird.
  • Options
    damn you for getting Alanis stuck in my head. damn you to hell.
  • Options
    The kid is like 5 or 6... we're not even having kids in our wedding so i'm thinking we might just say "no children please" in the invitation.  I don't mind inviting my aunt and uncle as much as i do their youngest son....
  • Options
    oh and the older brothers are 23 and 20...maybe 21....
  • Options
    They are adults and should receive their own invitations.
    It is rude to put "no children please" on the invitation. Simply list the names of the adults invited. If they rsvp for 3 rather than 2, call and explain that you cannot accommodate children.
  • Options
    If the older cousins live outside of the parents' house then just invite them. If you decide to invite the parents follow PP advice, don't put "no children" on the invite.
  • Options
    Ooooh... I hope my cousin doesn't push my cake over... He's 8 - last time I saw him he punched me in the face because he thought I was my sister... Crap.  But I like his siblings, I guess I'll be inviting that one (and I have a tough time asking my uncle not to bring one cousin, but all his kids are 14 and under).
  • Options
    If the older cousins don't live at home, you can invite them without inviting aunt & uncle.  If they live at home but are adults, they would get their own invitations anyway.

Whatever you do, keep in mind - invitations tell you who IS invited by the names on the outter and inner envelope.  It never tells you explicitly who is NOT invited (children, etc.).  If you're not inviting children, you just don't put their names on the invitation.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards