North Carolina
Options

Is Videography Worth It?

Hey Ladies! My fiance and I are wondering if videography/cinematography is worth the $$? We have an AWESOME photographer so we'll have wonderful pictures, but we aren't sure if we need the wedding DVD too. If you're having a videographer and you want to share, please recommend them! TIA!
image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10

Re: Is Videography Worth It?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to skip the videographer.  I honestly can't see myself watching the video in the future if I have good photos.  And knowing my family I'm sure there will be at least two people taking video anyway lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i didnt even consider it when i started planning....although i am totally in love with my photographer, i really want video of it now. i keep reading it is the biggest wedding regret and a lady i work with says her kids love to watch "mommy and daddy's wedding" i just really wish that i had budgeted for it and we are praying a family memer or friend will just happen to have a video camera.....i woud defiantely say its probably worth it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know tons of girls who have gotten them and love them, can't imagine not having it. Me personally, I didn't regret not having the videographer. I spent extra on a great photog and looking back am more than happy with that decision.
  • Options
    heatherjesseheatherjesse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we didnt think that we would want a videographer and so didn't hire one.  luckily we had several family members who filmed the ceremony as i knew would happen.   my uncle filmed the preceremony, ceremony, and about an hour of dancing at the end including our garter/bouquet toss.  he then made dvd copies for us along with our parents and honestly it was our best gift!  we don't plan to watch a bunch but we have watched it and each got to see things that we dont remember or didnt get to see.  my dad wrote a song for us and sang it during the ceremony and i didnt remember any of it so seeing that was awesome!  my uncles and dad did our preceremony music which we didnt see either.  the dvd is by no means professional but its there and we dont mind.  i highly recommend having someone film it, but hiring someone is not necessary!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    gizmo91909gizmo91909 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think yes and no. It would be worth it, but only if you have the extra $$ to spend. Otherwise, if you have an awesome photog. you probably won't miss it. If you did decide to go with one, I'm sure it would be worth every penny though!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For some people video is a "must have" for others it's a "nice to have." We fell in the latter category.For us, it was the difference between spending all the photography/videography money on kickass pictures, or compromise & get decent photos & video. If we had had a ginormous budget, we might have hired one...but we didn't, so we decided to splurge on our photographer.Besides, I'm the type of person that would probably only watch the video a couple of times & then only on anniversaries or something. The photos, on the other hand, I have everywhere - on my iPod, my screensaver, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had mixed feelings on this one, but we had a budget for it and so we were able to work it in. I kept hearing that this was the biggest regret people had. We'd considered having a friend videotape but then decided against it. I didn't want to hire any family or friends. I mean what if they screwed up. Anyways, we are having a videographer. It's a simple package, but I'll be glad to have it captured. Those moments that occur before I walk in...I want to see them.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help! Ashley - Who's your videographer? If we do it at all, it'll have to be something pretty simple.
    image Matt & Ashley 5.08.10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was a must have for us. Two words- yes, definitely. There were so many moments that we would have missed if they had not been captured by the videographer. Yes, we had a awesome photographer, but even he couldn't capture some of the rare moments only film can. I am SO glad we did it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards