Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

what do you guys think?

instead of bubbles or rice, what about having everyone throw tiny satin bows?opinions please!! TIA  :)

Re: what do you guys think?

• who's going to clean it up?  doesn't sound like the best idea, honestly.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • we have someone to clean up after weddings, it would be similar to cleaning up fake rose petals or confetti. thanks for the opinions :)
  • honestly? sounds a little off.
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • It might look cute depending on the size of the bows.  I would if possible buy a small amount and have a few friends throw them at you while some one takes pics.  If it looks as good on film as in your head then go for it.  Your wedding do what you want and means something to you.
  • During my wedding, people had to throw flower petals (half Hindu wedding).  Nothing like having people wing them at you.  Bows would be even worse. I wouldn't do it
  • I wouldn't really get it. Unless your last name would be "Bow" or something. You don't HAVE to have something thrown at you, you know.
  • I just get a visual of 80's prom dress bows being heaved at you - I don't know what it is about send-offs but suddenly everyone in your family becomes a major league pitcher when given the ability to heave something towards your head
  • The thing about bubbles and rice/birdseed is that they don't really overwhelm a picture... they kind of blend in a little bit.  Satin bows may not blend in so well.  A friend of mine had everyone release helium balloons when she walked out of the church and the balloons covered their faces in the pictures.  Great photo op ruined :(Are you just looking for something unique and different or is there a reason you don't want the bubbles or rice? 
  • We're having everyone ring bells when the priest announces us...of course, we're getting married in January, so that works better than having people freezing their buns off throwing stuff at us outside.  Good luck!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • How about Lucky Charms. Because nothing says "You're married" like having cereal pelted at you.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • It sounds a little contrived. I can't picture it. Like a pp suggested, maybe you could test it and take pictures.
  • no, nothing against bubbles or rice..i just wanted to do something different. maybe they would cover our faces though. anyone have any other ideas?
  • Satin bows seem like they'd be too heavy to toss in the air and still look good. Maybe you could do lace or chiffon bows instead? That way they'd float better. I agree with pp's, you should definitely do a test run of photos before deciding what you want to do.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards